PDA

View Full Version : 7 months on and its coming back :( :(

Chris2000
08-10-10, 11:11
I've had a good 7 months the anxiety for the most part has been quiet! Effexor has played a massive part, however I now feel it coming back, the thoughts, the burning rushes in my body. I'm terrified of going back to that awful state! I'm praying its just a blip and the meds haven't stopped working. Anyone experience this?

looking4answers
09-10-10, 04:41
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you are anxious you will probably always be anxious.I have been anxiety free for years and then all of a sudden out of the blue it comes back.The older you get sometimes the easier to deal with the issues and sometimes the harder. I guess when you reach a certain age you come to acceptance of sorts that there isn't much you can do other than try to relax and face whatever comes your way. Take care and good luck.

lynn1960
09-10-10, 06:12
with recovery chris you get your bad days but they are not as bad and do not last as long although it may feel like it, ist like you take two steps forward and one back thats how recovery works the bad days will get further apart. although they feel as bad they are not its just your miond playing tricks i promise there is light at the end of the tunnel its takes a little while to get there and you will get a little set backs on the way but they wont last as long and are not as bad the meds are still working its just the way recovery works take care

JT69
09-10-10, 06:33
Hi Chris,

I agree with Lynn. I have suffered on and off for around 11 years now...you do have a really good spell and then you can take a blip and because this illness is so awful it always makes us think we will be as bad as we were when first having it. Its about knowing your body too and taking steps to help yourself when you feel you may nose dive!! Easier said than done at times but as the time goes on you do get stronger and realise what you need to do (if that makes sense).

I hope that your "blip" goes away soon...keep posting for support and I know it helps me enourmously.

Take care.
JO.xx