PDA

View Full Version : dont think this is the right med?

becks xxx
08-10-10, 14:41
I was prescribed propranolol this morning and i've never taken meds before
I was told by my counsellor i wasn't going to be prescribed a beta-blocker, he justsaid it would be something to take the edge off of how i feel
Obviously nothing can stop me worrying apart from myself, but all these meds are going to do is slower my heart rate and stuff..which i do have a problem with but nowhere near as bad as i used to
The doctor this morning asked for my symptoms..my mind went blank and i ended up telling him loads of physical symptoms and nothing else, so i think thats why ive been prescribed this
Shall i try it do u think? or wait for my counsellor to callmonday and see wht he says? i was expecting some sorta of tranquillizer or something to take the edge off ofhow i feel altogether, not just the physical symptoms?

suzy-sue
08-10-10, 14:52
Id wait until Monday .If you havnt explained things properly to your Dr .He can only go on what youve told him .Drs are a bit reluctant to perscribe Tranquillisers at the best of times ,due to them being addictive .Meantime have you tried Rescue remedy or Calms to alleviate the feelings ? They might help take the edge off until you spk to your Dr again . TakeCare Sue xx