PDA

View Full Version : Starting over,

Neverbeensoscared
08-10-10, 14:55
Right now in life, I am having to get used too a completely different style of life from what I have been living for the past two years....

I found out this week that my Nan has been in hospital for three nearly four weeks now, due to a fall she had at home caused by a water infection which had gone unnoticed. My Nan has always cared for her son, (my uncle) nick who suffers with brain damage and is special needs. I have not seen my Nan for two years nearly now, due to a fall out between my Mum, Nan and other uncle. Now we have got back in contact and found out my Nan has been diagnosed with dementia. She will never return from hospital and will go into a home shortly.

However, within the space of two days, it was decided that my uncle nick who has brain damage, would be coming to live with me and my Mum. I said I would help out and such but I know it's going to be hard getting into routine, as it is like looking after a child. I work two jobs, one which is working at a school with special needs children and another is being a waitress. I also study at college on Thursdays. My life is pretty full at the moment,

However the only thing making me feel extra anxious and on edge is the fact that me and my boyfriend of nearly three years broke up, due to how i am and due to the fact that the feelings were not there any more. He took this really good at first but i think he was more interested in getting back with me really soon, which I don't want. He has stopped speaking to me and we don't see each other at the moment, i understand he is hurt as i am too, but i just feel the way he said things to me and the way he has acted recently has been really hurtful, i thought he would understand better than what he has. I feel even though i am doing good in life for helping others even when i am feeling low, I still feel like a really bad person. :/

Bad times.
I hate anxiety worries. :(

jude uk
08-10-10, 15:06
Well I dont think anyone could describe you as a bad person. Look at what you do for others nd the support you give to other individuals. As things are not going well in your relationship then time and space are what you need at the moment. This can only be a good thing for both you and you ex. Its so easy to fall out and then back in again without having time to deal with underlying issues, so stick to your guns on this.

leo05
25-11-10, 02:36
hi hun , well firstly well done on holding down two jobs as well and a college course. im sorry sorry to hear about your nan. am sure your nan will still be just like the nan that you knew. yes there will be times when you find hard to deal with her condition but she will get the support she needs and there should be support out there for you and your family for your uncle. maybe chat with your mum about your concerns of your routine etc
sorry sorry to hear about your ex but time will heal the pain
here for ya feel free to pm me anytime hugs xx
hang in there things wil get easier
lea xx