PDA

View Full Version : rescue remedy/kalms

lonely
08-10-10, 17:05
do they actually work, ive tried kalms they don't seem to be helping, someone mentioned rescue remedy

MidnightCalm
08-10-10, 17:08
I've tried kalms, but only 2, didn't really notice much of a change, I have nearly all the rescue remedy products and I don't find that they do very much, I think it's more of a mental thing as I don't believe flower essences can calm you, I believe Kalms to be more beneficial though as Valerian is known for its sedative properties and is in sleep aids and stuff.:doh:

MidnightCalm
08-10-10, 17:08
Not allowed to take Kalms on my Sertraline though!:weep:

lonely
08-10-10, 17:44
really im on sertraline and mirtazapine and still been trying the kalms :blush: i didn't know

MidnightCalm
08-10-10, 17:46
Haha, apparently you're not allowed to take Valerian with Sertraline, I found this out myself off members on here and a search on the internet, I found out after having taken one to get myself around the airport, didn't do me any harm but chemists don't recommend it either, no idea why though.

lonely
08-10-10, 17:47
well now i know lol, i did mention to gp id tried them and they didn't work, but they didn't say anything just that they don't tend to work on anxiety and depression as bad as mine is
my cpn never said anything either, arrr well no harm done here either

MidnightCalm
08-10-10, 17:47
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=82187

lonely
08-10-10, 17:48

lonely
08-10-10, 17:51
the only thing i said to pharmacist when i went was, can i take kalms with having a heart condition and also on anti depressants, i didn't tell them what anti 'd's though whoops

they recemmended me to take 1 three times a day and not 2 three times a day what with my heart condition, but i never told them i was on sertraline as i didn't know they could be mixed together, i know he did say don't take them at around the same time of day

but they aren't working anyway, but i have been taking one before bedtime, to try and help me stay asleep

MidnightCalm
08-10-10, 18:15
I'm sure there has to be better things than Kalms we can get but I just don't know what they are!
I'm really thinking about asking about diazepam, never tried it but heard it can really help.

lonely
08-10-10, 18:35
i had diazepam to go on holiday, the psychiatrist was going to prescribe it longer term, but as it can be addictive the gp decided against it

ljd
09-10-10, 16:53
Hi,

I use rescue remedy and have done for along time evey so often when i get anxious/scared. I believe it does work for me. I have also used other bach flower remidies. ( i occasionally see a kinesiologist who advises me what remidies my body needs. She is really good at this and i think they do work if i use the right ones for 2-3 weeks. You would need to check to see if your on meds if you can use them first though.