PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety in neck??

beth1290
09-10-10, 15:17
Hi everyone,

Lately I have been feeling like my neck is really weak and my head is too heavy. It seems to appear when I have been feeling alot of anxiety and I feel as if it is going to start shaking. I have to do a presentation in university next month and am worried it may start shaking because of the attention I will have on me. I don't want to look stupid :( Does anyone suggest anything that would help?

Much love

Beth xx

paula lynne
09-10-10, 16:03
Hi I think preparation is the key...go over your talk again and again, maybe in front of a few friends....lavender on your palms, bach rescue remedy...nice warm bath on the morning of your talk will loosen up your muscles...relaxing.....breathing correctly....and Im sure you'll do a fantastic job! x :)

MidnightCalm
09-10-10, 16:30
Exactly what Paula said, and you could try some Kalms or Bach Rescue Remedy on the morning of your presentation, or some chamomile tea with a bit of honey to sweeten it up as it's an acquired taste.

timmy3
09-10-10, 17:25
I have the same feeling actually its weird..Sometimes when I lie down I feel like Im to weak to lift my head but really its just illusion..

belgarion
09-10-10, 18:12
What's the presentation for? How important is it?

When I've dine presentations its only been to small groups but find that when I'm doing it I'm fine. The build up is where most of the worry is. Tell yourself it will be ok and don't be scare of looking silly. Your neck won't suddenly cause you any problems so stop thinking that.

Have you done any presentations before?

evekins
09-10-10, 19:44
My son had this problem when he was at uni. He said his voice used to shake and he felt stupid. He has had to do them at job interviews as well. He doesn't have anxiety (yet) but hates presentations. He does find that Bach flower remedies help if you use it regularly before the presentation. My kids all have a bottle in their school bags and swimming bags for exams and swimming galas, dentists etc.

beth1290
09-10-10, 23:08
Thanks everyone for your replies :)
Thanks Paula and midnight calm for the presentation tips. I will give them a go. Does the Bach rescue remedy really work?
Belgarion, the presentation is only small really in front of about 11 people for a university module. I have done presentations in the past but they were about 2 years ago when I didn't really suffer from anxiety. x