PDA

View Full Version : panic at work

timmy3
09-10-10, 17:24
Guys how do you react if you get slap on a wrist for doing something wrong or have a 'so-so' performence review or a catch up with your boss? All these things send me straight into anxiety mode and I think about them at home or during weekend..it absolutely horrible...can anyone relate? any tips on how to cope with this?

ljd
09-10-10, 17:29
Hi timmy,

Its not uncommon to be anxious about this situation i have been in a few myself and they knock my confidence and make me feel awful and i end up giving myself a hard time. But you know what we all make some mistakes and thats fine. Try focusing on the things you have done well in and can do/are capable of and try not to focus on the negatives.

tc

cattttt
10-10-10, 09:32
I can relate to all of that. You turn it all over in your mind, think about exactly what the boss said, what did he/she mean? Was there anything else to read between the lines? And on and on. Before you know where you are, your a big anxious mess. Been there done that.
How do I cope with it? Well these days, I tell myself what is past cannot be changed, the boss may not be meaning what I am taking from it, so what can I do to make things better?

Estranged
13-10-10, 05:47
I think what's done is done and I have no control over it except to move on, that's not say it's easy, you have to think about the things you can control such as your well being and let the ones you can't take there course

Best wishes, your in the right place to ask that with a bunch of great people

Estranged

timmy3
13-10-10, 18:06
Thanks for reassurance. I konw that you are right but it just seems so difficult..whenever someone even hints that I did something wrong I will keep thinking about it for hours..that they gonna sack me etc...well I guess I will have to change my attitude if i don't want to get panic attacks at work for the next 37 years..if they don't move retirement age forward even more that is:)

loudspeaker
13-10-10, 19:29
I can certainly relate to this, although it was a case of them ganging up on me that finally pushed me over the edge to the extent that I left.

The 2 people I worked with were conniving sods and would talk about me and stop as soon as I returned.

The boss was absolutely no good at sorting it out, I went sick then I left, he could have sorted it out, but I think of it this way that what is meant to happen often is the best for all concerned.

I always thought managers would have given a lecture to someone who tells you that you have a personality disorder which I don't and he did nothing about it.

But I agree that things go round your mind, and I know full well that I was a good worker there, but team leaders saying what they like just wasn't on.