PDA

View Full Version : ooo damn its starting again!!!!!

zoe-22
09-10-10, 23:41
i have had really bad HA about my heart after my mum passed away with a heart attack in march, i worry because my brother passed away 5 years ago at 34 with ischemic heart disease which we didn't know he had until he passed away so now im afraid it runs in the family and i have heart disease or something wrong with my heart. i have had many ECGS, chest Xrays, blood test all normal apart from sinus arrhythmia which i understand is completely normal. my symptoms are chest pain, achy left arm, weird feeling when i breath like im forcing it, backache in upper back, feeling my heart pounding when sitting down or lying not fast but it not nice and i can see it beating through my clothes, doctor says it all anxiety but sometime i think different. doctors has put the chest pain down to inflamed chest bone (not sure or the proper term) which i started to believe, i have manage fine for the passed few weeks not man symptoms apart from the achy arm and weird breathing but just assumed it was anxiety as it doesn't go away over night but the past two days have been really bad again all symptom are back with a vengeance im trying to ignore them but they seem to get worse. sorry to go on. my question is if i did have something wrong with my heart or a defect with it that i was born with would it show up on an ECG, my doctor has referred me to a cardiologist not that he wanted to he said theres no need even with my family history as my brother and i shared the same mum but different father, but i havent heard off them yet its been nearly two months now. i just want to feel normal again any advice would be very appreciated thank you
zoe x

sammi
10-10-10, 00:15
My dad died at 28 of a heart condition which apparantly runs in the male side. I get all the same symptoms as you and I'm petrified its my heart doc referred me to a cardiologist had all the tests n they say I'm fine n its anxiety but I don't believe it so I no how u feel. The achy left arm is awful and scares me so much as does the chest/back pain. Hope u feel better soon. I'm here if you want to chat x