PDA

View Full Version : How accurate are blood tests?? and other help needed... plz :(

crazyhayz
10-10-10, 00:20
I keep thinking ive got lymphoma due to these darn englarged nodes in neck and groin. plus all the neurological symptoms ive described on here many times. However ive had LDH levels looked at on blood tests, and had the triple test done too, all normal, does this mean ive not got a serious problem? I keep thinking bloods dont mean anything as scans are wot show stuff not bloods!! Im so worried. Im constantly dizzy and off balance even when not anxious atall. Its affecting my driving :( and whole life!! Cant bear it :(

Its my sons 2nd bday in the morning and i just cant feel excited, i feel ill with these symptoms, waiting for heart scan on 26th due to bad palps, and also a neurologist referral but could take months :( I dont know how much more i can take!!

Can ne1 tell me if they ever get tyhe feeling that their arm or cetain part of their body doesnt feel like its attached to the rest of u?? My right arm never feels like its attached to me and my right hand goes very weak sometimes. the arm (when i rest it) feels like its dead and not moveable, like i actually cannot feel that its attached to me, but then i move it and although its weak i realise i can infact feel it, it just doesnt feel or look like its mine. Its terrifying :(

sammi
10-10-10, 00:36
Hello hunni

Of course bloods show things up otherwise doctors wouldn't do them. Blood tests are very good they show a lot of things up. X

Inspires
10-10-10, 01:04
Sweetie,

I'm so sorry that you're feeling so ill right now...

I hope that your Son has a terrific 2nd Birthday tomorrow...

A big :bighug1: for your son...and
:flowers: for you. Keep your chin up.

Take care,

Sue x

sammi
10-10-10, 01:11
I forgot to say I get the feelin that my arm isn't actually attached but its my left arm it happens too :scared15: freaks me out its like it goes numb. But like I said bloods tests do show a lot of things up. Its awful when you feel rubbish and ill and I really hope you feel better soon hunni. Happy birthday to your little boy :D

crazyhayz
10-10-10, 01:21
thanks both of u xxx im just tryin to remain positive. the lump on left side of my neck has got bigger this evening, so docs on monday i think! missing so much college coz of all this :( but im just so worried!!! just wanna know for sure if its lymphoma.. i might say its worrying too much and can they take a sample and test it. yeah sammi thats wot it feels like, like my arm goes completely dead and i lose all the sensation in it, completely numb like i cant move it. i know i can tho its just weird. thing is, im getting this arm thingy and bad vertigo much more frequent, like every hour or so. I can be shopping, driving, chattin with mates, putting washing on..anything..and it will just happen. I cant stand it :( i just want them to find something so i can at least know im not going crazy :( well obv i dont want them to but i just wanna know for sure that im ok. These symptoms are too strong and real and life-affecting to be just anxiety.xx night everyone xx

sammi
10-10-10, 01:28
Your not crazy just very anxious about your symptoms. Anxiety symptoms are very real and can effect your daily life keep that in mind hun. I get a lot of physical symptoms and my gp says its anxiety and its so hard to believe. Enjoy your little boys birthday hope he has a lovely day. Goodnight lv xx

lecb
10-10-10, 12:24
Hey there,

Blood tests are very accurate, especially for this kind of thing, and if your doctor thought that there was even a chance you had lymphoma, he would do a biopsy. The doctor doesn't want you to be ill anymore than you do, and if he is not worried, then you have to trust that you don't have it.

I know it's easier said than done, i've convinced myself i've got AIDS before, and it doesn't seem to help what a doctor tells you. The best piece of advice i can give you if to keep reminding yourself that the doctor isn't worried, so i can assure you, you don't have lymphoma.

The lymphatic system is an amazing thing - we draw out fluid from our interstitial fluid (the fluid which our cells bathe in) and it goes through our lymphatic system. Sometimes, if we have an infection or virus the lymph nodes can get swollen due to the trapping of foreign material and the overproduction of white blood cells to kill off the nasty germs. Sometimes nodes can STAY enlarged due to a previous infection! This means you may be completely healthy.

As for the feeling of your arm not feeling attached - this is very familiar to me. It sounds like it could be depersonalisation, where you feel somewhat detached from your body. It's a completely normal symptom of anxiety and nothing that is sinister or should worry you at all, even though it is incredibly unpleasant. Do not worry that you have some neurological disease causing it.

I hope some of this is helpful to you. I am a medical student, so i hope that gives you some comfort. I have been here, so i know how horrible it is.

Hope things improve,
Ellie xx

MidnightCalm
10-10-10, 12:53
Both my arms do it!
And I get tingles in my hands and in my face and in my back!
It's horrible and I can't explain it, i'd love to know what it is, I also have a huge lymphoma fear due to enlarged glands and generally feeling ill a lot and a whole host of other symptoms including night sweats but I know anxiety can cause a lot of the things I get, well at least I've heard it from people on here and read it on the symptoms page etc and I'm sure that's quite accurate.

MidnightCalm
10-10-10, 12:54
The arm things aren't a symptom of lymphoma though, are they?
So that's one thing we can rule out I guess!