PDA

View Full Version : relationship ocd

KATYB
10-10-10, 09:25
I have actually pushed him away. I found a letter he's writing to me about having time apart or something, I don't know what to do. Since being on Citalopram I've barely been able to cry, now I can't stop. For months I'd had dreams day and night of him leaving me, I got obsessed at one point that I got fidgety if I didn't know where he was/what he was doing etc.... I completely hate myself for it, I might just have ruined the rest of my life and I feel at nearly 29 I can't afford to do that.....

Any one else suffered the same???

debs71
10-10-10, 14:29
Yes babe, I have and I am too right now. You are not alone and it is so easy to feel like that when you are in that position isn't it? Don't hate yourself for it. The last thing we can control is our thoughts and feelings when we are anxious, it is just such a heartbreak that unfortunately it impacts often on our relationships and the people closest to us like family and friends.

My boyfriend and I have had a rollercoaster relationship due to my anxiety and moods. I have been deeply anxious and insecure most of the time we have been seeing each other (just over a year) and can never express to him why I am like this as he doesn't even know I suffer with depression and anxiety/panic though I think he suspects that there is something going on like that. He just thinks I am moody and childish when I accuse him of stuff, and it is so hard to try to explain why I am that way. I completely understand your situation hun. As for the Citalopram, it is so much better to let your emotions out by crying than surpressing them so think of that not as a negative but a very positive thing, though I know that is hard the way you are feeling.

You haven't ruined your life, believe that, you are still young and things can change.

lots of love

Debs.xxxx:hugs:

CrazyCatLady
10-10-10, 15:37
If he hasn't actually given you the letter or mentioned it to you, I don't think you should jump to conclusions. He could have written that ages ago, or he could be just venting the only way he can, on paper.

Think of it as a wake up call, and see if you can turn things around.

:hugs:

KATYB
12-10-10, 19:53
thank you both for your responses, we have now talked and are trying to work through it.... we've been together 8 1/2 years, own a house together, we can't just throw it away.

Thank you again x