PDA

View Full Version : one day to go!!!!!

bighomer13
10-10-10, 10:50
hi ive got one day left to get my brain in gear that nothing is going to happen to me when im on the train im soooooooooooooo not looking forward to it but it is something that i have got to do. just feeling panicy over the whole thing :scared15::scared10::scared11: sorry guy just wanted to try and get it off my chest and i dont even know if this is the right place to do it???? :wacko:

but i know when i am there i will be safe and i hope to be on :cloud9: we will see.

Electric_Worry
10-10-10, 19:13
I had a big birthday bash to attend last night, which I really wasn't looking forward to. During the weeks leading up to the event I had already convinced myself that I wouldn't be able to go. Then on the actual day, I started having dizzy spells and was overcome with nausea. I started thinking up excuses I could make to get out of going, however I pressed on plucked up the courage to attend. As we pulled into the car park I was already wanting to turn around and go back, but I forced myself into entering the building and facing not only the ridiculously loud music, but the number of faces already there.

I surprised myself and the night went really well. It wasn't perfect and there were a few occasions where I started to feel panicky and I also had plenty of chest pain, but I kept everything in check and managed to enjoy myself.

I know this is different in essence to going on a train, however it's something I wasn't looking forward to and something I had been getting anxious over for weeks. I've mentioned this in another thread, but it helps if you accept the anxiety symptoms. You know they're fleeting and that you will be fine once they're over, so accept and ride it out. I know it's easier said than done, but fighting back and trying to force your symptoms back down can have the opposite effect.

One thing's for sure, the anticipation of the event led to far more anxiety than the event itself did. I thought that even if I could attend, I would have to leave within an hour, but I managed to stay until the party was over.

daybyday
10-10-10, 19:30
You can do it bighomer.
:)
If you can internet on this site while you are on the train, you will find comfort with wonderful people here.

Nigel
10-10-10, 20:02
Hi bighomer13,

Try to break it down into smaller manageable chunks. In your other thread (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=82616) you started with – “I have got to take a 3 hour train ride...”

Then later it was – “Its via train for about 1h 30. then walking for about 15 mins then another train for 15 mins or so.”

I make that about 2 hours, so we’ve already cut it down by a third :winks:

15 minutes walking – well that should be a doddle! A bit of exercise and fresh air, so we can discount that bit. And the last 15 minutes – well compared to the first part of the journey, that’s nothing.

So the only bit to cope with is that first 1hr 30mins. Sounds a lot more manageable than the original 3 hrs, don’t you think?

Just keep telling yourself; “I know when i am there i will be safe and i hope to be on :cloud9:

Good luck,
Nigel

Ambers
11-10-10, 18:54
Good Luck, please let us know how you go.

You can do it!:yesyes: