PDA

View Full Version : increase to 30mg??

ems43
10-10-10, 20:34
Hi there, I started this med a week ago and certainly seems to be suiting me better than escitalpram - i am loving the fact that i can sleep! ( th9ough also have very vivid dreams but sometimes quite funny- the other day i dreamt i forgot to put my clothes on to go shopping!). Anyway I am due to increase to 30mg tomorrow and am just wondering if anyone experienced different side effects etc at this dose. my psychiatrist warned that they may increase agitation initially as swapping from escitalopram though i really would not say so far they have increased my agitation. Any advice?? Many thanks xx

lonely
10-10-10, 20:45
im on 30mg at night, i was on 15mg at night for a week then they increased it, the first week i also had vivid dreams, but after that ive not had any side effects :)

paulst
10-10-10, 22:46
Im on 30mg as well, not sure how much its helping my depression but its wonderful going to bed knowing that I will get some much needed sleep.:)

shropshire_lad
11-10-10, 10:56
I have been on Mirtazapine for over 2 1/2 weeks at 15mg for the first fortnight and have just increased the dosage to 30mg on the direction of my doctor. My sleep is still hit and miss though, I may have a couple of good night (5 hours + sleep) and then pretty bad insomnia for a night or two. It is much better than the month I spent on citalopram but still frustrating that I can't maintain a regular sleep pattern.

What is the best time to take the Mirt. to encourage better sleep?

suzy-sue
11-10-10, 11:56
You should take these in the evening ,Your sleep patterns should improve when the new dose is fully effective usually 4-6weeks after increasing . Sue x

ems43
11-10-10, 13:06
thanks for replies.. i usually take mine about ten and am pretty much out within an hour. shropshire lad... i have found though that my sleep is def worse if i have not exercised. on the days i exercise i sleep like a baby :D

paulst
11-10-10, 16:04
I take mine an hour before bedtime, then feel relaxed when its time for sleep.

ElizabethJane
11-10-10, 16:09
Hi I'm taking 45mg at night. It is important to be aware that mirtazapine is less sedating in the higher doses. You might not sleep as well on 30mg but saying that everyone is different. Sleep well EJ.