PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Panicky....

lyndieloo1980
10-10-10, 20:51
Hi

I occasionally suffer with panic attacks/anxiety but have noticed symptoms more over past week or so

Feeling hot suddenly
Feel as though i cant breathe
Chest tightness (more in the evening)
Pounding Heart
Legs feel weak
Lightheaded

This evening i have felt terrible...tight chet, heart palps etc

Just wondered if anyone taking propranalol?? Doctor prescribed me them over 12 months ago and i only took one 10mg occasionally but i have took one about 30mins ago and i think i am thinking of how i feel after taking it too much and i keep getting a weird 'panicky' feeling and i feel as though my heart is doing a big thud every few mins.....am i worrying too much about taking a tablet...afterall they are safe to take for anxiety i think im just thinking what if my heart stopped or something silly !!

Anxiety is such a horrible feeling.....wish it would just disappear forever :blush:

Be nice to hear off someone, Thanks :)

MidnightCalm
10-10-10, 22:34
I'be been on propranolol before, they are very safe and have hardly any side effects unlike other anxiety medication.
I wish it'd disappear forever too! At least the horrible symptom giving kind!
If Propranolol is making you feel panicky maybe you need to be on a different med?
I was on it but was still feeling panicky and they said it's because it's not strong enough for me and put me on an ssri.

MidnightCalm
10-10-10, 22:42
Feeling hot suddenly
Feel as though i cant breathe
Chest tightness (more in the evening)
Pounding Heart
Legs feel weak
Lightheaded

I also get all of these and more things.

lyndieloo1980
10-10-10, 22:49
hi midnightcalm

thanks for your reply....anxiety/panic attacks are awful, right now im sat on computer trying to distract myself but i just get overwhelming feelings of panic now and then that come from nowhere and i automatically feel i need to alter my posture or the way am i am sat to get a proper breath. I feel i am controlling it as i haven't had the full blown panic attack but do u ever get this feeling out of the blue??

I just dont understand why and where it comes from.

Not sure if the propranalol i took earlier has worked, i think my problem is when i take any meds i just constantly worry about side effects etc and i can't relax. I was on citalopram over 12 months ago now and at my lowest point they must have helped me through the anxiety but i did get dizzy heads feeling spaced out on them and thought to myself i dont need this its making me feel worse...

:wacko: