PDA

View Full Version : My Sister.

Miriam 54
11-10-10, 06:22
Hello, My name is Miriam and I am writing this today,I have been putting it off as I don't know really how to say this.My sister Rhonda,as some of you know as ronnie,left us all 2 weeks ago.I and my 2 sisters have been devistated by what has happened,we thought she was going ok I think in my heart that she was trying to protect us,as to how sick she really was.We are trying so hard to handle this,not seeing her beautiful face and her wonderful sense of humour.Did you know she had Cerable Palsey?that never stopped her from doing anything,she used to ride her harley,go flying around the world when she was younger,but a few years ago she was told she had a tumour in her head,after several ops she got the all clear,and the whole family went to Hayman Island to party.Then she found out she had a growth on her thyroid,we did not find this out until she was in hospital again,she got the all clear from that and spent the next few years cancer free.Then she got more bad news,but in typical Ronnie style took it in her stride and carried on regardless of rounds of Chemo and Radiation,which really took it's toll on her,she was always thin,but when I saw her it broke my heart to see my beautifull sister lying in that hospital bed wasting away,but she still managed to make us all smile and laugh with her swearing and telling jokes,that was my sister with what people say a heart as big as Texas.I was going through her computer and found this site in her favourites,so I am letting you know she is at peace now.One thing I know is that when she first got sick 3 doctors told her she had Health Anxiety and Depression,filled her up with pills (that I don't think she took) and sent her to a Pysch.She soon told him where to go I can remember that clearly. Her husband kept pushing her to see another doctor and that is where it began and where it ended.
Thankyou to those who befriended her and could see that she was a lovely,caring human being.
Love Miriam xx

diane07
11-10-10, 09:12
Oh Miriam,

I am absolutely devastated by this news.

I am speechless.

I am so sorry to hear this and send all my thoughts to you and your family.

Very sad news indeed :weep:

eternally optimistic
11-10-10, 09:18
Miriam

My thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time.

Jaco45er
11-10-10, 09:24
Dear Mariam

I am so sorry for your sad loss.

Thank you so much for taking time to let us know here.

SueBee
11-10-10, 10:13
Hi Miriam,

I'm so shocked by your very sad news.

I knew Ronny from both the forum and occasionally the chat room. I knew she had cerebal palsy but had no idea she was so ill.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Sue xxx

paula lynne
11-10-10, 10:19
Miriam Im so so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you all xxxxxxxxxxxx

Inspires
11-10-10, 11:26
Miriam,

Thank you for taking time out to let us all know about the very sad news of Ronnie's passing.

My thoughts, prayers, and love go to you, your family, friends, and all those concerned.

God Bless Ronnie...Sleep tight...

Sue x

spaced
11-10-10, 13:40
My thoughts are with yourself and your family

PoppyC
11-10-10, 14:35
Hello Miriam
I am so sorry and shocked for the loss of your sister Ronnie. She sounded like a lovely and courageous lady.
Heartfelt sympathies to you, your family and Ronnie's husband.

Anabell
11-10-10, 14:41
Much love and strength to you and your family Miriam.
Your sister sounds like a really wonderful and brave lady.

bottleblond
11-10-10, 15:19
Miriam

That is so sad hun.
My heart goes out to you and all the family.

Lisa
xxx
:hugs:

Fly away Katie
11-10-10, 18:55
Hugs to you hun, my thoughts are with you :hugs:
Welcome to NMP x x x

nomorepanic
11-10-10, 19:36
Thanks for letting us know about Ronny. She will be sadly missed on here as well.

My thoughts are with you all at this time.

margaret jones
11-10-10, 19:54
Dear Miriam I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dear sister I did not know her but she was obviously very dear to a lot of people as well as her family .
I hope you find some peace in the wonderfull memories you have of her xx

Maggie

Vanilla Sky
11-10-10, 21:23
Miriam , I am so saddened to hear this news , I spoke to Ronnie in the chatroom a lot and i am shocked , she never said how ill she was. I thought she was just taking time out from here .
I am so sorry for your loss. She certainly brightened up the chatroom with her warmth and great sense of humour . She will be missed .
With my deepest heartfelt sympathies to you all

Paige x

daybyday
11-10-10, 21:30
Sharing thoughts and sympathies with you and all who love Rhonda.

ladybird64
11-10-10, 22:47
I am so very sorry to hear that Ronnie has passed on, she was a great lady with a wicked sense of humour.

She really was an example of someone trying to live their life to the full, regardless of a so-called disability and did more than many of us will probably do in a lifetime.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family :hugs:

missy007
11-10-10, 23:56
Miriam so sorry to hear that. I didn't know Ronny personally but she was a wonderful person with a wicked sense of humour. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

suzy-sue
12-10-10, 00:25
Thank you so much for telling us Miriam .Im so very very sorry about your loss .My heart goes out to you Grant and Emma &your sisters . Please send them all my heartfelt condolences . I can only imagine what a great big hole Rhondas passing has left in your lives .Rhonda was my friend and I spoke to her most days by email ,even when she left NMP .I spoke to her last when she was in hospital ,and I knew how very ill she was .She was the bravest person I have ever known .Right up until the last email ,which was written by Emma ,because she hadnt the strength to type herself ,she made me laugh .Looking back thru her message I know she was telling me goodbye ,But I kept trying to remain positive .Every day waiting for an email from her telling me she was recovering . I feel absolutely devastated .But am blessed and grateful to have been her friend .She was funny ,sweet ,caring and full of life a truly lovely person .I will truly miss her . God bless Rhonda till we meet again ..Give em hell girl..like only you could ..My bright shining star ..Love Sue xxx

Bill
12-10-10, 04:27
After hearing this terribly sad news I felt I had to come back to pay tribute to a most wonderful kind caring woman who I will never forget for the lovely words she posted to me.

I've been searching through Rhonda's posts because there was one post she typed to me that complimented me like no other before (whether I deserved it or not) so it will always be very special to me just as she was. This is what she said to me...

Hello Bill......I have printed most of your posts,and have shown my Therapist and a friend of mine and they both agree that I am wasting time and money on professional help.I Have YOU.I have put your posts in a lovely folder and it is on my bedside table,I read them daily Like Mya said,You have a special gift.I wish you love and once again THANKYOU.
Your friend Rhonda xx

I also remembered the following post because this was her attitude to life and it's something we can all learn from...

Hi,No Life is beautiful.I have food on the table,clean sheets on my bed,my meds help me cope and my dog is still alive,So I will not let myself think that with everything that has happened or happening in my life,that it is unfair,if I thought like that I would be a basket case.Be Positive.
Love Rhonda x

Rhonda was a very special rose and she will be very sadly missed. She was truly Lovely and So very kind to me which is why it hurts so much to lose her...

A Special Rose

In my rose garden of rare and special blooms,
I would plant you and circulate your scent throughout my rooms,
I would never idolise you but forever admire you,
For your empathy, attractiveness and golden hue,

Every petal of your being representing all your many wonders,
Shining brilliantly in the sunlight emanating a prism of beautiful colours,
Enhancing the numerous blooms with your special beauty,
Exuding your love and kindness with unadulterated simplicity,

An exquisite creation of so many yet so few,
Sprinkled in the morning with sincere droplets of dew,
Pristine and perfect protected by angel honeybees,
Exuberantly shielding, her happiness fills them with glee,

One angelic rose bringing warmth to this garden,
A joy to tend, held with fondness and appreciation,
Illuminating all those who approach her,
Treating all not merely as a number,

Distributing glowing compassion through all her glossy leaves,
Her scent of sensitivity wafting on the warm summer breeze,
Softly swaying, her petals gently flutter,
She radiates her kind-heartedness loving all as sisters and brothers.

I posted this song to her some time ago. It seemed appropriate for her as she was such a lovely woman.:hugs:.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0AKoQmD3MY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0AKoQmD3MY)

Veronica H
12-10-10, 08:18
Thank you Miriam for telling us about the sad passing of Rhonda. My thoughts are with you all. Rhonda touched many lives here as you can see, and I hope that gives comfort at this sad time. I remember Rhonda loved her music and often posted on the 'what songs are you listening to? forum'. I will play some of her favourites today, and picture her cruising on her bike and at peace.:bighug1:Veronicax

weeble40
12-10-10, 11:12
Dear Miriam, thank you so much for taking the time to come and tell us this devetating news,

Ronny and I had some laughs, she was a wonderful lady, and ill miss her terribly,

my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time

Emms xxx

KK77
12-10-10, 13:33
I'm so sorry Miriam for your loss. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

I had many laughs with Ronny. She always made me chuckle with her outrageous sense of humour and I'll miss her here.

When I get hold of BB's Tardis I will come over to the land of Oz and zap those barking, yapping neighbour's dogs of yours with my laser gun. I should be back home before I set off.

Howdy Mel,looking forward to meet you.Maybe you could take me for a spin in the Tardis when you get here,and don't forget Smith and his mate Wesson for the barking dog across the road.maybe you could pick me up in Sydney....the Tardis might be quicker than virgin air:biggrin:
Rhonda x

I never did get to sort out that pesky dog but she's now resting in peace.

A

eeyorelover
13-10-10, 04:09
Prayers for Rhonda's family and friends during this difficult time!
She touched so many lives with her humour and giving spirit!
It shone thru so brightly even on the internet!!!
She will be greatly missed.
xxx
Sandy

blue moon
13-10-10, 04:47
I feel sad,as she was one of the first to say hello to me when I first joined this site.I send love to her family.
Petra x:flowers:

Nigel
15-10-10, 14:24
Hi Miriam,

I’m so sorry to read about this sad loss, and my heart goes out to you and your family.

I never knew Rhonda/Ronnie – I think perhaps she was a member during the years I was away from NMP – but from your words, and the beautiful tributes from others here, she sounds one hell of a courageous lady.

Thinking of you at this difficult time,
Nigel