PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline - Help with nasty side effects!

ISLASMUMMY
11-10-10, 13:29
Hi there,

Ive just taken my 4th day of sertraline 50mg. I started feelng effects on the first day but these have now peaked, and im not sure whether theyre normal or not. Some arent listed in the side effects, so im not sure whether to persevere?

I have severe diarrhoea, stomach pain & cramping. Feel chilled. Very nauseous to the point of feeling like im gonna be sick. And generally feel like im coming down with something (I had a temp last night, with no other 'ill' symptoms)......Is this all sertraline??? I feel completely drained!

I have taken Fluoxetine for years, so im not new to SSRI's.....but on Drs advise as I wasnt feeling great on Fluoxetine (anxiety wise)...we dedided to swap!

On the plus side I feel less anxious already!

becks99
11-10-10, 15:42
Hey,

I've been on sertraline for about 6 months now, and i still remember the side effects i got when i started on the medication. My doctor prepared me really well for all the possible side effects - she was great.

I remember what i was told by the dr, she said that bad side effects will be possible during the first few weeks, if the bad side effects continue after 2-3 weeks then i must go back and see her.

Alot of my side effects were similar to yours, after 2 weeks of being on sertraline the bad side effects had gone, and i am now settled on the meds.

I think that if you find these initial side effects too unbearable then you should go back to your dr, i'm sure there are things they can do.

Take care
X