PDA

View Full Version : scared at night

tracey c
11-10-10, 14:40
I haven't posted for a while as I been struggling. Tonight is the first night that I'll be on my own for ages - when my boyfriend isn't here my mum stays with me. I've had to bite the bullet and tell mum that I'll stay alone tonight (she's nearly 70 and I can't keep using her like this). I've moved my sons radio into my room for company, but I'm already starting to worry and it's only half past two!
As anyone got anymore tips on staying calm at night?? As soon as it's dark I get panicky!!
:)

Vixxy
11-10-10, 15:51
have you got a tv in your room? Or a laptop you can take in there? I would put on a really light hearted movie and watch that until youre sleepy.

Kerry B
11-10-10, 22:25
try listening to some calming music or a relaxation CD and reassure yourself there is always someone online to chat to throughout the night.

skin
12-10-10, 11:36
If I could, I would give you my brain for tonight, tracey! That's because I feel bad during the mornings and lighttime. As soon as night settles in, I feel much calmer and safe... I'm a night owl, you're an early bird :hugs:. What I do during the morning to calm myself down is keep myself as busy as I can. I usually do things that my lazy-ass wouldn't do otherwise (vacuming my room, cleaning the bathroom, re-arranging my closet, playing with my dog&cat etc.). I also surf the net like crazy.
Don't you have any pills to turn to? Some benzos would come in handy in such a situation. Anyway, lots of hugs and remember - anxiety and panic won't kill you :). However, you can kill them!

Typer
12-10-10, 21:23
Radio on low is good....also read until you are sleepy. What is it you fear?

I hate night time when its quiet...hate it

miss_moose
12-10-10, 22:13
Hi Tracey, My fiance works nights and i always panic because i get scared when i'm alone too.
What i've found is having a tv in the room helps and i keep the volume on low, but just enough to hear it, and i put on some comfort dvds too.
If you have a laptop thats great because you can come on here for support, or play games for distraction and again, whats dvds.
I always make sure i have a good supply of magazines and puzzles books too to help calm me down when i panic.

Maybe if you sleep with a little lamp on too, but i deffinately recomend the tv because if you wake up in the night you'll be instantly comforted, rather than waking up to dark and silence.

take care xxx

jothenurse
13-10-10, 04:33
I'm by myself at night. I wake up almost every hour or two with hot flashes, and then I have to calm myself not to get panicky. I always leave the tv on so I have something to listen to and watch if I wake up. I also have something to read or do a crossword puzzle. Mornings are my hardest times.