PDA

View Full Version : is it ok drink alcohol when on pregablin

misty rainbow
11-10-10, 19:54
hi all,i have been on pregablin for a couple of weeks now 150 mg twice a day i think their helpin a little,just wonderin if anyone else taking them is able drink alcohol on them? its just i havnt been out 4 a girle nite 4 a while cos of my anxiety and now im feelin a little better thought it would be nice 2 catch up with friends as i have been avoiding them but they know me when im my normal self 2 go out and have a few drinks and a laugh so i dont want 2 be different as that will make me feel anxious x

JT69
12-10-10, 17:34
Hi,

I also take pregabalin 100mg twice a day along with 15mg or mirtazipine and have drank in moderatin with these meds and been fine. Everyone is different, but I think in moderation you should be fine. Glad that the pregabalin are helping you...do you take any other meds with them??

JO.xx

misty rainbow
12-10-10, 17:45
hi Jo thanks for that im on 10 mg citalopram which been on bout year or so and it did help for some time up till a couple of months ago when my anxiety got really bad with all those horrible symtoms, the pregablin has eased that but still gettin the 'what if thoughts' in my head but think thats just habit from bein in anxious mode so long so im tryin hard to think differently as thats half the battle, do you think the pregab helpin you? x

Belfry1973
12-10-10, 19:57
I've been out a few times now for a few drinks and I've been fine, I do find they increase the effects of alcohol, and some drinks make it worse than others. I am usually fine drinking vodka but I cant even finish a pint of cider!
Its just about being careful to start with.

Keep well
Bel
X

JT69
14-10-10, 08:25
Hi Misty,

Absolutely helped me!! I have previously taken citalopram before mirtazipine and neither really helped that much with general anxiety, when I started on pregabalin I was amazed at how much better I have felt...even when I have had blips they have never been as bad as pre pregabalin. I am just grateful someone on here told me about it other wise I would never have known.

Take care
Jo.xx