PDA

View Full Version : travel sickness pills

evekins
12-10-10, 09:43
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is safe to take travel sickness pills with 50mg Sertraline?

Inspires
12-10-10, 10:19
Hi honey,

I take Sertraline, but I really wouldn't like to say that this mixture would be ok...

Make a quick telephone call to your GP, or perhaps pop in to see your local pharmacist, for medical advice.

Ooh, a holiday, where are you going, anywhere nice, and can I come please? :winks:

Take care,

Sue x :flowers:

evekins
12-10-10, 17:46
Just a short break in Spain!

I think I'd better see my GP and see what he says. Certainly can't fly without them.

You can come if you like but bring the hot sunshine with you.:shades:

bottleblond
12-10-10, 17:52
Hi

Did you know that you can get travel sickness bands?
They are just like a material band that you were around your wrists. My son uses them as i didn't want to start giving him medication.
They work really well and you can get them from any pharmacy.

Lisa

Dahlia
13-10-10, 21:38
Well I've taken travel sickness pills with sertraline, and had no problems whatsoever. In fact, my GP recommended I take them when I was getting nausea due to dizziness (not when I was travelling). I don't think the pack insert warns you against mixing the two. I take Kwells. Travel sickness pills can make you drowsy, but that's nothing to do with the sertraline.

skin
13-10-10, 23:45
I definately remember something about an interaction (not adverse reaction) between Motilium (domperidone) and Sertraline. However, my doctor said it is ok. Anyway, Motilium is not your usual travel-sickness drug.

Hi

Did you know that you can get travel sickness bands?
They are just like a material band that you were around your wrists.
Lisa

I have a couple of "Sea bands" myself. Can't say anything about travel-sickness as I use them for nausea in general. They do work (IMO placebo-effect but who cares how).

evekins
14-10-10, 14:43
Thanks so much everyone!

Unfortunately I suffer from really bad travel sickness. I had to be carried off a plane by some firemen at Bristol once. So embarrasing - especially for my kids!
Will ask my GP tomorrow, have tried sea-bands but they didn't help much I'm afraid. Maybe it's psychological, because I think I'm going to be ill I will be ill. Par for the course with anxiety, hey ho.
I don't want to ruin our short break for my husband though.

There I go again, always thinking of someone else.:shrug: