PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

flower1972
12-10-10, 11:15
I have been taking Citalopram for 11 days,now i also have insomnia have not sleeped for 4 nights,Doctor has given me 7 sleeping tablets,which does help but she said i can't have anymore.Has anybody else had insomnia due to Citalopram?:scared15:

skin
12-10-10, 11:18
I'm on Sertraline, another SSRI. But insomnia is one of the most common side effects of all SSRIs. I don't know if I experienced insomnia per-say, but during the first days I kept having very vivid dreams, nightmares, and kept waking up all night long.
If you're taking it during the morning, you could try taking it before sleep, or the other way around...

joannap
12-10-10, 12:38
COMPLETELY NORMAL! every time i have started ssris i think i have had about 4 hours sleep a night max for the first 2 weeks - it has then eased off gradually but took about 4 weeks for sleep patterns to go back to normal. i have just put up with it instead of taking anything but it can be awful when you cannot sleep - you convince yourself you will never sleep again! you may have another 3-4 nights of v poor sleep but then it should start to improve xx