PDA

View Full Version : do you ever think of a symptom and then it happens?

angelique
12-10-10, 11:24
Now I'm not saying that I'm psychic - far from it infact :) but I find that whenever I think of a particular symptom eg dizziness or breathlessness, I find that it happens to me soon after if not a few days later. I know it sounds weird but it's almost like I bring that symptom on. Has anyone experienced the same? x

MoonlightFire
12-10-10, 11:37
Yes, I have and I find it extremely strange. I had a fear of gum/mouth symptoms for a year or so then got a very rare gum infection. I also had worries about spotting and bleeding between periods...a little while later I started getting spotting and odd bleeding. I was very worried about rashes for a day or two once and a few days later developed itchy spots on my chest.

xxx

MoonlightFire
12-10-10, 11:38
Oh and I read about floaters on the internet a couple of years ago and a week later I started getting them...I still have them now.

paula lynne
12-10-10, 11:41
Hiya..my mum was a nurse like me, except she was in mental health..she told me shed seen several people "will" themselves to die, like after the death of a spouse...it just goes to show what a powerful and complex thing the mind is! And we dont even use all of it......xxx

MoonlightFire
12-10-10, 11:56
When I had my breakdown I got a virus which effected my mouth...the dentist said it was herpetic stomatitis. I stupidly googled the other day and looked at the article that came to the top. It said Herpetic Gingivastomatitis is only seen in adults if their immune systems are severely depressed. Unless I have an immune problem which comes and goes which I'm not aware of then maybe it was my anxiety/lack of sleep and lack of appetite around that time that caused my immune system to become so deficient. I had an HIV test on Thursday (a long time worry of mine) and it was negative. My dentist told me that the virus was probably brought on by intesnse stress and lack of sleep and proper meals. Wierd though. I'm baffled. My Doc said Herpetic Gingivastomatitis was very common.

M xxx

Hazel B
12-10-10, 12:07
To me, this shows us the power of our minds, if I can wish symptoms on myself, then surely I can use the same energy/power to be positive and imagine that I'm well? Or at least imagine that I can get better.

angelique
12-10-10, 12:14
To me, this shows us the power of our minds, if I can wish symptoms on myself, then surely I can use the same energy/power to be positive and imagine that I'm well? Or at least imagine that I can get better.

I wish I knew how to convince myself that I actually am OK? I find it so hard to accept that I might actually be healthy and that there is nothing wrong with me. When I feel pain, dizziness, breathlessness etc all I can think is that something is seriously wrong. xx

Hazel B
12-10-10, 12:17
I know, It's really difficult, I didn't mean to make it seem easy. I keep telling myself "this will pass, you are fighting and will be better". It has worked a bit as I'm calmer, I just get frustrated that my own mind can cause so much crap!

angelique
12-10-10, 12:29
I know, It's really difficult, I didn't mean to make it seem easy. I keep telling myself "this will pass, you are fighting and will be better". It has worked a bit as Ii'm calmer, I just get frustrated that my own mind can cause so much crap!

Yep, frustrated that my mind causes me grief as well x

Hazel B
12-10-10, 15:34
Mind over matter, stay strong and we will beat it.