PDA

View Full Version : son causing me anxiety!

sb001f8994
12-10-10, 11:30
Hi,
Im not really sure where to post this but as this problem is causing me no end of stress I thought it best here, apologies in advance if Im in the wrong place.
My son, who is 26 and still living at home has been with a lovely girl for two years and up until two weeks ago, seemed really happy. Now I think my son is playing about and is still keeping his girlfriend on the back burner. Now I know this is none of my business as he's a grown man and Ive been good and not said a word apart from I think it is wrong. He is denying anything untoward is going on but I can read the signs from when he did this very early on in his relationship.
Now my problem is his dad did this to me so many times but I forgave him over and over again, the last time being five years ago and I thought I got over it but now Im seeing my son and how easy it is for him to go off and do what he's doing and I find myself reliving my bad times with his dad and finding it very upsetting.Why am I doing this? I look at my husband and feel sick and he hasnt got a clue Im feeling like this. All the insecurities are back and Im feeling totally unloved and unappreciated. I realise this could all be part of my age but wonder why this has suddenly sent me right back in the past.
Sorry for going on, just getting this off my chest has helped. x

paula lynne
12-10-10, 14:23
Hi Carol
The alledged infidelity has obviously brought up sad and upsetting memories for you, little wonder youre upset.x
I really wouldnt do anything, I told a friend her hubby was cheating, and...yes...they turned on me and blamed me. I lost her eventually.
Try to deal with your personal feelings of your own past, but leave them too it if you can. I sure it will all come out in the end, and all you can do then is give support..x all the best to you xx:)

Natural Mystic
12-10-10, 17:56
Hi Carol
The alledged infidelity has obviously brought up sad and upsetting memories for you, little wonder youre upset.x
I really wouldnt do anything, I told a friend her hubby was cheating, and...yes...they turned on me and blamed me. I lost her eventually.
Try to deal with your personal feelings of your own past, but leave them too it if you can. I sure it will all come out in the end, and all you can do then is give support..x all the best to you xx:)
your friend's loss