PDA

View Full Version : new to the site and would like advice

ell1877
12-10-10, 11:48
this probably sounds really silly but i have a lovely family who i love very much but i am so afraid that i will die i fear that i am going to get a terminal disease and be told i wont have long to live and i couldnt cope it scares me so much it is taking over my life
my partner will say something which would relate to something in the future and i just think to myself but what if im not here then!!
my friend died in 2004 of cervical cancer and i helped her thru it all i had a dream a few years ago that i was going to die of cervical cancer when i was 35 and im 33 now im so so scared what if it was a sign and i am going to die everytime my little boy smiles and cuddles me it just tugs on my heart strings
i want to love life and enjoy making plans of things we are going to do why cant i??
why do i always think bad thoughts
please help :weep:

diane07
12-10-10, 11:52
Hi ell1877

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

merrysee
12-10-10, 12:35
hey ell1877, i'm also new tot this site, after reading your story i had to get into contact, i too am going throught the exact same thing, i'm convinced i've got some terminal disease, my doctor's tell me it's anxiety, but i can't stop myself from thinking the worst, it's driving me crazy and affecting my life, i too have children and the thought of not seeing them grow up fills me with utter horror.

paula lynne
12-10-10, 12:42
Hi just wanted to welcome you and say hi :welcome:There is lots of great info in the left hand column, a good place to start. Im so sorry about your friend, I lost mine in 2003 in a car crash, she was 6 monthes pregnant. I know you will find help and comfort here, as I have xx

Natural Mystic
12-10-10, 12:50
this probably sounds really silly but i have a lovely family who i love very much but i am so afraid that i will die i fear that i am going to get a terminal disease and be told i wont have long to live and i couldnt cope it scares me so much it is taking over my life
my partner will say something which would relate to something in the future and i just think to myself but what if im not here then!!
my friend died in 2004 of cervical cancer and i helped her thru it all i had a dream a few years ago that i was going to die of cervical cancer when i was 35 and im 33 now im so so scared what if it was a sign and i am going to die everytime my little boy smiles and cuddles me it just tugs on my heart strings
i want to love life and enjoy making plans of things we are going to do why cant i??
why do i always think bad thoughts
please help :weep:
Oh sweety I really feel for you and know EXACTLY what you are going through. I also suffer from this crazy excessive fear of dying .. since my own cancer scare and since friends have died.

I hope you learn to cope with it and it disappears xx

Natural Mystic
12-10-10, 12:52
i too have children and the thought of not seeing them grow up fills me with utter horror.
HEAR HEAR although mine is the thought of him growing up with me ... same thing eh

I even have an emergency contact list at my office, in case something happens to me and my 9 year old is left at school or after school club.

Vanilla Sky
12-10-10, 20:49
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

ell1877
14-10-10, 09:35
thanks everyone and merrysee would be nice to chat to someone who feels the same way it really is scary x

sarah jayne
14-10-10, 09:54
Hi ive beengoing through the same for the past year, if you ever need a chat then pm me.
Sarah xx