PDA

View Full Version : had enough

jeanne48
12-10-10, 12:44
im jeanne really bad with anxiety and panic attacks now developed ocd witch is really adding to my stresss cleanning all the time im not sleeping good and am shaterd but i cant relax its really getting me down if i try to sit down i start haveing weired thoughts and that makes me clean i am on meds but not working yet dont no what to do any one got any advice just need a rest cant go on much longer iv had enough doctor dosent listen its just a merrygo round i wish it would stop plz any remiedies x

paula lynne
12-10-10, 12:49
Hi Jeanne Im so sorry you feel like this...have you read the column on the left on ocd? Hope you feel better soon xxx:hugs:

sammi
12-10-10, 13:36
Nice hot soak in the bath, listen to some nice music just so u can relax maybe that would help you sleep too. Hope you feel better soon! And as paula lynne says have a look at the ocd column on the left. Xx

Nigel
12-10-10, 13:54
Hi jeanne48,

I’m sorry you’re having such a hard time of it at the moment, but try and just ‘stop’ for a minute. It seems like you’re becoming completely overwhelmed by so many thoughts.

Some people find it helps just to take a big sheet of paper and write everything down. It sometimes helps to get it all out of your head where those thoughts just seem to go round and round and get in a huge jumble. Writing them down forces you to think about them more clearly, and that can help.

Try to prioritise some of those thoughts. Some things are very important, others perhaps not quite so. Some things might be impossible to deal with right now whereas other are, so they’re the ones most easily tackled. It might become clear that some things can’t be addressed until other things are taken care of.

Perhaps you could then find one thing that’s important enough to make a difference and but is doable, and see what you can do about just that one. It makes things more manageable, I think?

Take care :)
Nigel

ladyj
12-10-10, 14:08
So sorry you are having a struggle right now but i think the key is distaction if you are able to go out then do so after all you cant clean if you are not at home meet with friends if possible for coffee and a relaxing chat or even go to the libary find a subject you like and do some research on it it breaks the cycle for you it seems you are distracting your self with out realising it with the cleaning as you get overwhelmed you clean to distract from your thoughts widen you horizons and with luck you wont need to clean as much xx ps meds take a while to work jenny

Natural Mystic
12-10-10, 17:59
im jeanne really bad with anxiety and panic attacks now developed ocd witch is really adding to my stresss cleanning all the time im not sleeping good and am shaterd but i cant relax its really getting me down if i try to sit down i start haveing weired thoughts and that makes me clean i am on meds but not working yet dont no what to do any one got any advice just need a rest cant go on much longer iv had enough doctor dosent listen its just a merrygo round i wish it would stop plz any remiedies x
Hi Jeanne, I know that it's when you try to relax that the "negative thoughts and impending doom" cover over you, however if you just ride it and not fight it it does disperse. Honest, I know