PDA

View Full Version : cancer and heart attack

rikki
12-10-10, 13:42
have not been on here for a while ,but feel so awful.still got really bad cancer fear ,but now i keep thicking im going to have a heart attack n die.my girls were climbibg on me but i got a little stressed as my face went numb i started getting anxious then all of a sudden i thought my heart was just going to stop really awful,then i keep getting this feeling like im floating and have no control ,its driving me mad,im waiting for counseling .my doc has givinn me beater blockers but im bit scared to take them feel like im in a ryt ,please can someone give me some reassurance .

rikki
12-10-10, 13:54
have not been on here for a while ,but feel so awful.still got really bad cancer fear ,but now i keep thicking im going to have a heart attack n die.my girls were climbibg on me but i got a little stressed as my face went numb i started getting anxious then all of a sudden i thought my heart was just going to stop really awful,then i keep getting this feeling like im floating and have no control ,its driving me mad,im waiting for counseling .my doc has givinn me beater blockers but im bit scared to take them feel like im in a ryt ,please can someone give me some reassurance .

its my second day of my new job today ,after 10 months of having my baby so maybe this could be a trigger as still not sure about the job

PokerFace
13-10-10, 01:33
Hey rikki, don't worry I've spent everyday of the last 7 months worried I'm about to have a heart attack, never have though! (touch wood!) I get chest pains a lot, missed beats, my left arm goes tight/numb, and the left side of my face does too. I admit my left arm and face going tight only seems to happen when my panic starts to reach it's peak (like getting stressed) but still I'm always convinced this time is different and I'm about to die! A LOT of people who have anxiety attacks think it's their heart about to give in cuz the symptoms are so scary so you're definatley not alone. The floating and the no control feeling is also a major side effect of anxiety! If it's your second day at a new job after 10 months off, no wonder you're feeling a little anxious especially with children to take care of too! It would make any woman anxious, you're just more receptive of it unfortunatley. ;(

I've seen my doctor about my anxiety twice and he's put me on beta blockers both times, 3x10mg of propranolol daily, and I've personally found them a great help. My heart rate used to be really fast and hard ALL the time til I started taking them, now I can only find it if I'm actively searching for it. They also block the adrenaline receptors so less of those nasty rushes. Unfortunatley beta blockers only help the physical effects of anxiety so it's a good thing you're getting counseling too, I think that's gonna be a great help! You'll be on top of the world in no time :D xx