PDA

View Full Version : The Diet Begins!!!

caz1625
13-10-10, 07:55
Decided last night that enough was enough and the diet was starting today.

So who is going to join me? Hopefully if we do it together it might give us a bit more motivation :D

I've got 3 stone I want to lose :weep: I know exercise is going to be a problem because of my agoraphobia but I will use my sons exercise bike and maybe just put some music on and have a wee dance to myself :whistles:

Please don't leave me doing this by myself, I could really do with some company.

Carol xx

Joexgee
13-10-10, 08:56
hi im new here! dieting is really hard! i have been on my diet since new yr and lost a stone and a half! and still about two stone to go, so i'll join u if u need any help! i bought myself a wii fit its been a life saver to me as i dont like going out walking on my own!
music is brill too i cant live without my music :yesyes:
u can dance around your living room like a fruit loop without anyone looking at you and burn those cals :D

Vixxy
13-10-10, 09:52
Hi guys! Good luck with it! I used this website http://www.foodfocus.co.uk/ when I was trying to gain weight. Its really useful for telling you how many calories you need in a day and how much you need to cut to lose weight. Give it a try. Its free :D
I heard housework is really good for exercise, so get that house sparking!!
It would be great if you could keep us all updated too :)

Joexgee
13-10-10, 10:07
thanks for the link :) yes housework is another good exercise :) i dont really love cleaning but if i put my music on full blast, then its so much more fun! and it makes u feel good :yesyes:
i have been on about 1300 cals a day for the last 6 months, except for saturdays when i just have a day to chill out and enjoy what i want to eat! my weight loss has been slow but steady!

ditzygirl
13-10-10, 10:11
i'll join you caz - i have about 5 stone to loose and have nagged the doctor to nag me to get sorted.

Since sarted my meds 7 weeks ago i have lost 5lb but nothing in the last 2 weeks so i need to up the exercise.

I force myself to go out walking as part of my recovery so i just have to say motivated!!!

So lets get skinny!!!!!lol

paula lynne
13-10-10, 10:32
Hi Caz I'll join you too! Want to get to 11 stone (13.7 at mo)...Im agoraphobic too...Olderfella is going to send me some info on exercises we can do at home, and even sitting down...be glad to share tips etc with you xx

caz1625
13-10-10, 10:57
Lets get skinny indeed :D I'm so glad I'm not on my own!

Just done 15mins on the exercise bike which says I have peddled for 7km..........who would have thought!!! Legs are like jelly, but as they say no pain no gain.........lol

How is it the minute you decide to go on a diet you are starving???? :mad:

Oh well lets buckle up for a bumpy ride and see how much we can lose between us.

Carol xx (a very hungry Carol!)

Vixxy
13-10-10, 13:00
Go go ladies!

paula lynne
13-10-10, 13:37
I cant really exercise due to constant vertigo/dizzyness, so Im going to cut calories....planning my meals now, eating lots of fish (my heart needs all the help it can get!) Plenty of water, and eat small every 3 hrs to keep levels stable.....
Well done for getting on the bike caz, keep it up. I weighed 13.7 at my gps 7 days ago...Im now 13.3 so its all going the right way.
Sir Nigel (admin) said something very interesting to me...be CONCIOUS when we eat...chew chew chew, put knife and fork down between mouthfuls, and really taste the food..Ive taken it on board and it seems to be making a difference already!!

Apparently it takes 20 mins for the brain to register we are full, so no more kebabs in 10 mins for me hahah!!

We can do it, all of us..keep posting progress and tips all...xxxxxx:yesyes:

caz1625
14-10-10, 13:49
How's everyone doing? Hope you aren't cheating :D

Was a good girl yesterday did 15mins on the bike in the morning and another 15mins in the evening :yesyes:

Have just had my salad lunch and done my 15mins peddling for this morning..........boy did it hurt today!!! Nearly gave up at 5 then at 10 but I hung on in there and did the 15!!! I'll try and do another 15mins tonight if my wee legs will let me :shrug:

Trying to stay positive...........but keep having nasty thoughts about chocolate!

Carol xx

Nigel
14-10-10, 14:42
Hi Paula,

I’m glad that little tip is working :)
And I was joking... my friends can still call me just plain old Nigel :hugs:

Good luck everyone :yesyes:
Nigel

paula lynne
14-10-10, 15:16
Thank you plain old Nigel..x:winks:

olderfella
14-10-10, 15:18
Who,s had the chocolates or cream cakes today then girls?hope your all being good,keep at it:)

paula lynne
14-10-10, 15:20
Well done Caz!! I went for a WALK (gasp!), out for about an hour, then walked up the hill back to mine, about 30 deg radient..puffed and palps, but did it! My neighbour just said.."youve lost weight!" I couldnt believe it...maybe its flatter tum due to cutting out refined carbs??
You keep going with the bike.x
ps..I cheated yesterday..I had half a aero bar, and a packet of quavers. Now Ive confessed I feel better :winks:

caz1625
14-10-10, 15:30
Only half an aero :ohmy: I would have had the whole thing!!

Well done on the walk :yesyes:

It's nice when people start commenting on your weight loss. Hang on in there.....we will do this :hugs:

Carol xx

alihud
14-10-10, 18:41
Can i join in toooooooo?I need to loose 2 stone but i do have fibromyalgia so i can't exercise very much so will do the calorie counting:yesyes:
Ali xx

caz1625
14-10-10, 18:52
You are :welcome: the more the merrier :)
Paula has been good and been out walking but scaredy cat me is using an exercise bike. Little steps and we'll get there.

Carol xx

baileys
14-10-10, 19:19
Thank god i dont need to loose weight, ive just heard that you can now buy chocolate wine........heaven.:yesyes:

caz1625
15-10-10, 08:59
Now that's not nice :weep: You are not allowed to mention chocolate on this thread, or wine, or food for that matter :yellowcard:

See now you have me thinking about chocolate again...............oh well back on the bike for me.

Paula hope you are still with me :)

Carol x

paula lynne
15-10-10, 11:17
Still here Caz, hows the bike going? Are you still aching as much?
Ive been told that one day a week we are not supposed to excersice in order for our bodies to rest and repair..anyone confirm this?...........

Am going for a little walk later (its sooo cold in the valley today!)
Am taking my little boy swimming sunday (alone) so big challenge!:)

Hows the food going Caz?
Im craving bad carbbs so bad..period due..awful cravings...better eat sum more fruit as Im eating so much salad and getting board............x

:)

Inspires
15-10-10, 11:22
Well done Caz!! I went for a WALK (gasp!), out for about an hour, then walked up the hill back to mine, about 30 deg radient..puffed and palps, but did it! My neighbour just said.."youve lost weight!" I couldnt believe it...maybe its flatter tum due to cutting out refined carbs??
You keep going with the bike.x
ps..I cheated yesterday..I had half a aero bar, and a packet of quavers. Now Ive confessed I feel better :winks:

WELL DONE Paula, on ALL accounts! :yesyes:

And while I wish you all good luck, I want to ask if I can join this infamous dietary club?

Here's hoping I get my membership through soon, cos my body is in need of desperate help. :D

Sue x :flowers:

Lombard
15-10-10, 11:23
Only seven percent of the population has O negative blood, according to the American Red Cross. If you are a blood type O negative, you have a certain set of characteristics linked to your blood type. Dr. Peter D’Adamo, a naturopathic physician and author, says your blood type determines what illnesses you are susceptible to and what you should eat. How you respond to stress is also predetermined by your blood type,
according to Dr. D’Adamo.

paula lynne
15-10-10, 11:28
Of course you can inspires, as Caz says..the more the merrier!!
Just let us know how the diet/excersice is going. Or tips, or whats working/not working...were pooling ideas....TOGETHER WE ARE STRONG!!!
Welcome!! xxxxxx:hugs:

paula lynne
15-10-10, 11:31
Hi Lombard thats interesting.
Ive hear that celebs do the "blood type" diet.
Im an O positive by the way...Common! haha
Im going to carry on with what Im doing, as dont want to get overload of info, although Im sure others may want to research this....thanks x

paula lynne
15-10-10, 15:39
Hi caz..I did go out, walked down to shop and back..about 15 mins..but really struggling with dizzy today. Never mind. Have cooked a curry at hubbys request...only 1 teaspoon olive oil (adapted a madhur jaffrey recipie).
Small changes............hope you ok, and all the rest of you guys having a go..keep it up xxxxx:D

brynhi
15-10-10, 19:27
Can I ask what does loosing a 'stone' mean? *Not from UK*

oliverb
15-10-10, 20:04
Any room for an old bloke? I've just been told I'm borderline diabetic, so I have to lose 4 stone or so (most of which I gained since being on mirtazapine). Can't exercise much since I don't get out much and haven't the room for a machine.

Right.

Er, what now?

Nigel
15-10-10, 20:13
Hi brynhi,
:welcome: to NMP
We’re awkward here in the UK, sorry :wacko:
1 stone = 14 pounds = 6.35 kilograms
This is a good site for conversions (http://www.onlineconversion.com/). It converts almost anything to anything else!

Take care :)
Nigel

paula lynne
15-10-10, 22:19
Hi ol..get in touch with Olderfella on here..hes pm me some great exercises for me despite my vertigo......im sure he can help you too x

Going home
16-10-10, 03:08
Not to put a dampener on things but I logged onto Vixxy's link for the website foodfocus.co.uk and they say that to lose the extra weight ive gained i need to eat 2020 calories a day....they have to be kidding right? Ive been eating half of that for as long as i can remember...in fact I don't think ive ever eaten that many calories in one day in my life, and was normal weight until I started taking the meds. The diet companies don't take them into consideration and that's the problem. The weight ive gained in the last few years since starting on the meds and without eating anything extra is imovable! So it doesn't work for all, but the very best of luck to Caz and all the others who are not taking meds that make you fat whatever you eat!:weep:

Anna xx

paula lynne
16-10-10, 05:58
Caz I dont feel good, woke up and having difficulty swallowing. My daughter has had the flu so I suspect Im coming down with it.......:weep:

If Im not answering posts, I will be in bed, shivering and sleeping...so just to say to you, and all, keep up the good work and I will catch you in a couple of days.................take care all x:hugs:

caz1625
16-10-10, 09:43
Hi Ol and Inspires of course you are :welcome:

Paula hope you are feeling better soon :flowers: I wasn't feeling to good yesterday either so didn't do my bike but I did watch what I ate. I'll make sure I do it today though.

Ol you just have to cut down on the food intake and as for the exercise, do you dance? And yes I am asking :D
Put some good music on and have a dance around the living room. Great exercise and doesn't cost anything and the bonus is you don't have to go out. Oh and housework burns those pesky calories off too............get that hoover out Ol..........in fact you could dance with the hoover :D

Hang on in there guys :yesyes:

Love Carol x

alihud
16-10-10, 12:25
I signed onto the food focus website and it said i need 1720 calories a day to loose weight,i don't eat anywhere near that as it is and i'm on meds that make it very difficult to loose weight.I'm just going to change what i'm eating and see how i go.
Paula sorry to hear you're not feeling too well,hope you feel better soon
Ali xxxx

slik321
16-10-10, 13:59
I'm going to diet too! A year and a half ago I lost 8 stone but then developed depression and put it all back on which makes me feel sad. I've lost 8 pounds so far from more or less no exercise so I should lose more if I start going out. The trick is to always listen to music when you exercise to keep you motivated :D. I know you can lose the weight, It's just mind over matter. Take care, and dont let your hand stray to the biscuits. Oh and when you get a mad burst of hunger just calmly relax for 10 minutes or hold the food in your hand and think "do I need this, this will just make me bigger" then throw it in the bin. Good luck! :yahoo:

ditzygirl
16-10-10, 14:10
im struggling - friends keep turning up with yummy food!!!!!!!!!

Nigel
16-10-10, 15:41
Hi Paula,

Hope you’re feeling ok.
But I’m sure it’s just a cold... it’s only us men that get flu... :whistles:

Nigel

paula lynne
16-10-10, 16:31
Hi Nigel..skin is funny to the touch now...nose pouring..hubby has quarentined me...but Ive just discovered the games section so that should keep me occupied!
Sausage and mash for tea, lucozade..and the Beano..Im being well cared for guys xxxxxx

ditzygirl
16-10-10, 16:36
Get well soon Paula - as you say you are being well looked afterx

caz1625
19-10-10, 12:25
How is everyone doing? Are we all sticking to it?

I've not been too bad...............been sticking to the eating bit but haven't been on my bike for a couple of days as I've been in my bed feeling rotten. :weep: Think I maybe have Paula's flu. All shakey and sweaty and my head feels like it is going to explode!!!

Weighed myself this morning and I have lost 2lbs :yesyes:

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Carol xx

Vixxy
19-10-10, 15:00
Well done Carol :)