PDA

View Full Version : Hi All I'm Emma.

elnussey
13-10-10, 12:46
I am calling to all those people who are suffering with anxeity disorders.....especially relating to eating....if anyone can shed some light on this, or offer any advice, or want to share your experience, I more than welcome it!

diane07
13-10-10, 12:49
Hi elnussey

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

elnussey
13-10-10, 12:53
Hi diane07, thank you very much for your thread...ive never ever used forums before but its lovely someone has replied already! :)

Maybe you can help me....I want to post about my experience of anxiety and stress but wasnt sure whether to put it in my main post that you replied to, or if it's better to start a new one under the anxiety forum part....

Kell
13-10-10, 13:06
Hi Emma,

What is it that you wish to talk about with regards to eating?

My problem is that when I'm struggling with my anxiety it tends to hit my stomach. I get really bad nausea - am sick, feel sick, have an upset stomach, no appetite & struggle to eat anything. I wish that it didn't affect my eating so much because I'm sure that it can't help with the other physical symptoms.

Have you suffered with anxiety for long?

Kel
xxx

elnussey
13-10-10, 14:02
Hi Kell

Thanks very much! I like getting replies LOL :-)

I've always been very anxious, always a little nervous and on edge, never known why, but something happened back in August, we was dealing with alot of stress, my partner is a taxi driver and his car was off road so he couldnt work...and I was eating my dinner quite merrily when suddenly I felt like the food i had swallowed only went down half way, like it was stuck, or i had lost the muscles to swallow! It was very weird but it put my senses in motion and really freaked me out....its called globus incubus, its more a fear of choking, but im not afraid of food, just more that it might get stuck...and now my brain is telling my body that its gonna happen every time i eat, so it does, adrenaline pumps, panic sets in....doc gave me originally 10 days of diazapam and i got better could eat food but then it came back....so the doc has put me on citalopram 20mg to try and help. I looked on the net and found that thankfully I am not the only one going thru this! I dont know why its clung on to my eating cos i love food ill eat anything and everything and have a very high metabolism so need to eat alot but something needed to be done as I lost weight and i'm very thin framed as it is!!! Sorry for the looong explanation...

Sorry to hear your symptoms, that doesnt sound nice at all, I hate being sick and feeling sick......weve just gotta hope that one day it will go away for good :-)

Em x