PDA

View Full Version : Different types of panic

ANXIETY26
09-03-06, 11:38
At the moment Im having a panic attack. It's not the usual rapid heartbeat and sweaty palms though. The symptoms Im getting are feeling really tense and that im about to go crazy and lose control. Like a manic feeling i guess!! I can deal with a rapid heartbeat and sweaty palms etc but this going crazy feeling is awful!

Juliamidlands
09-03-06, 11:51
Hi :-) You have my sympathy completely...I had a totally random panic attack last week whilst sitting at my desk at work- that doesn't usually happen to me, my problems normally only lie with driving.

It lasted for about half an hour, and yes I had the 'crazy' feeling, like I was about to lose control..but I didn't...trust me on this one..you have just got to sit it out and it will go I promise xxxxx

'To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world'.

ANXIETY26
09-03-06, 12:00
Hi Julia :-)

Dont you just hate it when these attacks come out of the blue. It's been around twenty minutes now and although I can still sit here and type the feeling is still with me. I know it will pass as I've had them before but I just find it so frustrating.

Thanks for the reply

Paul

Juliamidlands
09-03-06, 12:05
Paul...yes I know...it's rubbish isn't it [xx(]

Paddington
09-03-06, 14:43
hello paul,sorry youare havina bad day and a new feelin!All part of the sam e thing tho.That is the type of panici get alot,as tho' i will lose the plot,it can come on quickly and releases adrenalin,bummer or what!Somtimes it's a delayed reaction to a sressful situation we have dealt with previously.Best to keep busy when it happens ,dont look at it!Typing is good as it re-directs your thoughts from the panic.Hope you are feelin better,love mary-rose.xxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Meg
09-03-06, 16:03
Well done for recognising that there are different types.

Some as already mentioned are the after effects, some are the build up of anticipatory anxiety, some are the emergency full blown instant panic, some are anxiety which is simmering etc.

They do all feel different .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

hemin
09-03-06, 16:38
hang in there..........put some music on sing dance do whatever takes your mind off it.......it will pass.......nic x

Pat Sawyer-Jones
09-03-06, 17:17
i KNOW HOW YOU ARE FEELING ITS HORRIBLE FEELS LIKE YOU ARE LOOSING IT. LIKE THE OTHERS SAY IT WILL PASS
ITS LIKE FEELING JAGGED AROUND THE EDGES?

Pat

ANXIETY26
09-03-06, 22:14
Thankyou for all the replies.

Does anyone else seem to get panic attacks after eating food? This one came on after eating breakfast and drinking a cup of tea. Maybe it's got bugger all to do with this but I just thought maybe it was to do with the caffeine or sugar?

nomorepanic
10-03-06, 15:00
Have you ever tried cutting the caffeine out? It is renowned to aggrevate panic.

Nicola

Juliamidlands
10-03-06, 15:20
Caffeine?? Yes, it definately affects anxiety levels.
When I used to go clubbing in my late teens, I used to drink a lot of Coke on nights out- I don't drink much alcohol- and used to wake up shaking in the middle of the night.

Meg
10-03-06, 15:52
and sugar can really affects you too especially when you are acute.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

bishops
27-02-09, 12:52
caffeine and smoking ive cut both out which helps a little. ive had PA for about ten years this last year has been hell. what keeps me going is that i can be so bad with them wanting to go to AandE desperate but then 30mins later im im almost normal. Ive beaten it in the past and i just hope i can this time. this forum is a huge help, ten or maybe thinking about it 15 years ago we had very little information now thank God that has changed, its not a cure but it helps

Cip
15-08-09, 22:18
I sometimes have attacks after eating, no matter what the food or drink is.