PDA

View Full Version : New to this!!

kate29
13-10-10, 17:09
hi My name is kate, i'm 33 and on citalopram 20mg for the 2nd time, been on them just over 2 weeks at the moment. Generally I feel slightly better, some days the anxiety returns with a vengeance, some days are good :) Just wondering if anyone else has suffered with aching/burning skin taking cit??? It really stresses me out!! wondering how long it will last?? PS. I'm pregnant too :)

Thanks

nomorepanic
13-10-10, 17:16
Hi Kate

Have you read the Citalopram Survival Guide in this forum? It may help somewhat

LydiKate&co
13-10-10, 17:28
Hey Kate. I am 33 also. I am also on citalopraim for my anxiety. I will tell you when I was pregnant, I had a lot of skins issues....itching, burning, etc. So it may be your pregnancy. Make sure you are drinking lots of water to keep yourself hydrated. :winks:

suzy-sue
14-10-10, 15:33
I Would speak to your Dr about it Kate .I didnt think they liked you to take this when you were pregnant ..Most of the side effects go after a month or two .But its worth mentioning to your Dr anyway .all the best t/c Sue x

jen1983
14-10-10, 15:43
Hi kate

I was on these tabs when i was pregnant with my second child, i did stop taking them for the first 3 months of being pregnant then went back on them. My anxiety/depression vanished for a good few months but hit me hard on tuesday, so been the docs and they put me on them again, took one last night woke up in the middle of the night crying cuz i was fed up of the way i was feeling.

Just cant wait to feel the tabs kick in and make me better xxx

kate29
18-10-10, 17:45
Thanks for the replies, didnt go on them till i was 18 weeks, doc and obstetrician not concerned about harm to the baby. Actually been feeling better the past 4 or 5 days (been on them 3&half weeks).....they have chilled me out mainly, stopped the over anxious times :). Lets hope they keep on working, still having few side effects, althought milder, aches and pains mainly, but am sure pregnancy adding to this also....plus my glass shower screen falling on my legs!!!!!