PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP: Sudden extreme weakness in hand & arm, TIA??

crazyhayz
13-10-10, 19:00
PLEASE HELP :( :( :(

I keep getting this and its scaring me to death. I have researched TIA' s (mini strokes) and i display almost all of the symptoms.

I feel like my hand and arm go extremely floppy, like i cant actually feel it, it scares me so much! I can still move it but it just feels completely weird and numb! If i stretch my arms or hands, they ache for ages afterwards, how can this be normal?? (that always happen every single time i stretch!)

when i get it, if i pick something up, it feels weird like a foreign object in my hand, likemy senses have changed, its so hard to explain :(

I cant cope with this nemore, i get blurred vision with it and it takes ages for the weakness and floppy/dead feeling to go afterwards. I get pins and needles too. Its either TIA's or MS. This cannot be anxiety, it happens when im shopping, at home, doing washing, playing with my son, anything... can this be down to neck tension? Im not so sure...

For the past few months, whenever i touch my neck at the back it hurts to touch it, like its really achey. That never goes, it always hurts. But i dont FEEL tense atall so how can this be tension?? My forearms keep going so weak (and hand) that its making me feel like im about to have a stroke. Im absolutley petrified. My partner doesnt think so as i can still talk, etc, but iv eread that sum ppl can get them so minor that they dont think they need to seek medical attention!

Somethings going on and i know it. I just want an MRI!!! I know this will show something!! But i gotta wait ages for an appy to see a neuro!!

Plus, ive still got these ernlarged nodes in my groin and neck, they arent fading, but dont think theyve grown either, so not sure. I just know ive not been ill (cough, cold, down below infection) NOTHING for many months, so these nodes cannot be down to infection no wayyy.

I need advice, i cant eat or sleep where im so scared :(

Please help :( xx

duggyfresh
13-10-10, 19:13
Personally I would at least call NHS direct. Or go to the hospital straight away. Don't want alarm you but just want you to be safe.

crazyhayz
13-10-10, 19:23
i have done that and thewy cant find anything wrong so they send me home. if i had something like... a fit, or fainting, or droopy face, or slurred speech, then apparently they would then keep me in and id have a diagnosis, but my symptoms arent bad enough to be in hospital, my docs happy to refer me to a neurologist but this could take months. Im trying to convince myself its anxiety but its hard!

nomorepanic
13-10-10, 19:27
Blimey why on earth would you want to stay in hospital anyway!

You have to believe what you have been told. They would not just let you walk out if they thought you had had a stroke now would they?

Try and calm down and chill and relax as you are winding yourself up over it all.

duggyfresh
13-10-10, 19:28
There you go then. They wouldn't let you go home if they thought you were in danger of having a serious and immediate issue with your health. It will be anxiety. Your mind is playing nasty tricks on you. Don't let it bully you and tell it to go away!

ann01
13-10-10, 19:28
I totally understand your worries hun, but anxiety can make us feel really really ill. Ive spent many many days just lay in bed to scared to move cause I feel so weak and ill.
I recently found out that I have had a mini stroke and I didn't know it, but the neurologist insist that this findings on my recent MRI have no clinical significance.
Have you got an appointment to see a neuro?
I was worried that I had MS prior to my MRI too.
Hope you feel better soon, but if you do feel unusually ill then as duggyfresh says call NHS direct.
Take care
Ann

ann01
13-10-10, 19:31
Nicola and duggyfresh are right, there is no way they would let you go if there was anything serious, anxiety does play horrible tricks on us.

crazyhayz
13-10-10, 19:33
thanks guys x im trying to stay positive and wait for my neuro appt to come through. how did u get an mri hun? i rly want one but i dont want them to refuse coz of my anxiety. I feel strongly that there is something not quite right. x

ann01
13-10-10, 19:53
my neuro just said he would send me for an MRI for reassurance, the neuro shouldnt refuse you an MRI due to your anxiety.
Just try to remember that anxiety does play horrible tricks on us and makes us feel really ill, try not to use google to look up your symptoms I know its hard but all it does is increase our anxiety, and keep the vicious circle going, try distracting yourself from how you feel. I honestly convinced myself I had MS before I saw the neuro.

ladybird64
13-10-10, 20:08
I would have thought a neurologist would order an MRI if necessary, if it is considered necessary because of clinical findings.

Surely these tests are not offered just for reassurance?

mary3
14-10-10, 15:45
just a thought but my mum kept getting weakness, pin and needles and kept dropping things and it turned out to be carpel tunnel syndrome xxx