PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram & Sickness

Robertc160882
09-03-06, 13:43
Hi Everyone,

I just want to pick your brains has anyone suffered really bad sickness in the first few weeks of taking this med. Anything I知 eating is just coming straight back up and as you can imagine it is now starting to take its toll on my body as a result. I feel so week every minute of the day due to the sickness feeling and being physically sick. I have found the sickness to be generally worse in the morning I feel as though I知 pregnant lol.

Another question is if I知 being sick normally a hour after taking my meds is it possible that I could bringing my meds back up so therefore they are high unlikely to helping me. I feel really, really low today and I think this may be a result of bring my meds back up but I don稚 want to take an extra dose.

Can anyone else tell me if they have missed there meds how have the generally felt do you feel worse?

Thanks for your help.

Robert

molly15
09-03-06, 13:55
HI ROBERT YES THOSE MEDS CAN DEFINATLY MAKE U FEEL A BIT SICK BUT IT USUALLY SETTLES DOWN AFTER A FEW WEEKS.BUT REMEMBER ANXIETY CAN ALSO CAUSE SICKNESS.I VOMITED FOR 3 MONTHS AT 1 POINT BECAUSE OF MY ANXIETY.CHECK WITH YOUR CHEMIST TO SEE HOW LONG THEY TAKE TO GO THROUGH YOUR SYSTEM AND IF THEY WOULD BE IN YOUR BLOOD SYSTEM WITHIN A HOUR.THEY WOULD NO BEST.I HOPE U START TO FEEL BETTER SOON M ARCIAXX

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

suzuki
09-03-06, 15:07
It's definately the meds. I tried citilopram i only took it for two days i felt really sick with them

Alexandra
09-03-06, 22:27
Hi Robert

If i miss my citlopram tablet i feel sick & lightheaded, not a nice feeling at all.

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

mandie
09-03-06, 22:28
Hi Robert

Iv been taking citalopram for nearly 3 weeks now and i have been feeling sick everyday. I wake up feeling sick and the feelings last till i go to bed.

I took these meds last year for 6 months and i remember feeling sick for the first couple of weeks too.

Hopefully the nausea should wear off soon. The first few weeks are always the worst

Good luck

Mandie

mandie
09-03-06, 22:30
Hi Robert

Iv been taking citalopram for nearly 3 weeks now and i have been feeling sick everyday. I wake up feeling sick and the feelings last till i go to bed.

I took these meds last year for 6 months and i remember feeling sick for the first couple of weeks too.

Hopefully the nausea should wear off soon. The first few weeks are always the worst

Good luck

Mandie

Two heads
10-03-06, 23:27
Hi!ive been taking it for one week and to begin with i felt sick,now i just feel heighted anxiety,im tired,emotional!I guess we will all have to stick with it a little longer and hope for the best!

tara
10-03-06, 23:34
My anxiety was heightened in the first few weeks of taking citalopram, i also felt sick, dizzy, but after this i called it a wonder drug, stick with it.

Basha
12-03-06, 20:48
HI there,

I too felt quite sick and weak the first few weeks on citalopram. I've been on them now for nearly 6 weeks and they are definitely worth it. I feel great now. The side effects do wear off and it's worth sticking them out. I went to my doctor a couple of times in the first few weeks though for re-assurance which helped a lot.

Hang in there!
Tasha

"To do anything in this world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger; but jump in, and scramble through as well as we can."
-Sydney Smith

shannieshann18
01-03-14, 17:04
HI there ..
Well saying that , you guys feeling sick etc ... I have physically been sick since day one of taking the medication:wacko: but i don't know if my body doesn't agree with the medication
the nurse and college are well aware of me being on the medication they basically made me take it Wednesday knowing i didnt take it then they made me take it ... an till i took it they didnt leave me or let me go to my lesson, i did get sent home last week due to being physically sick 6 times during college hours .

Not sure tbh if i want to go bk to get different medication but tbh im abit scared of it happaning all over again an im so close to my exams also so its a hard time tbh to be messing around with medication im also not too sure if im able to get extra help and time in my exams etc due to my depression? :shrug:
please any answers or messages to me will be much appreciated .

take care all .
xx

Marty_67
01-03-14, 21:43
Hey Shannie, I try to take my meds before bed and if I feel nauseous in the morning when I wake up then I make sure that I eat a good breakfast.

Cit is something that I think is harsh on an empty stomach

Marty

shannieshann18
14-03-14, 20:37
Hey Marty ,
So Do you think it is worth trying at night , but i dont have a v good sleep pattern anyway , iv made a doctors apointment for the 21st but iv only been taking my meds for a week an i just cant cope with the sickness its stopping me working in college and college have sent me home becouse of my sickness.
My college are really supportive of me they erge me to take them but they know im going to my doctor but the thing im wondering is what my doctor can acturly do and if she will say stay on the meds or give me anti sickness pills etc please help ...
would much appreciate it .
shan x

Marty_67
14-03-14, 23:21
Hi Shan, I take mine before I sleep so that I miss most of the nausea. Are you taking them first thing in the morning? Timing could really make a difference.

My sleeping pattern was not great early doors on Cit but it did get better. The numerous SEs also eased off but it did take time.

Hope you feel better soon x

jmd
15-03-14, 19:48
Im getting ringing in my head/ears..anyone else had this side affect? Day 19 20mg. Other than that im doing ok!