PDA

View Full Version : my heartbeats have controlled my life

darnielle
14-10-10, 05:43
Hi..glad to be here...from the U.S. I am aware of my health anxiety, have been dealing with it for 40 long years!! UGH. Doctor thinks it came from post traumatic stress disorder. My Dad was killed when I was 8 by a drunk driver and my brother in the car almost died. I was sent to stay with friends and that same week was bitten by a German Shepard in the eye and broke my arm. Started feeling palpitations in my teen years and have had 3 short bouts of tachycardia...controlled by holding my breath. I have altered my life drastically worried that a certain movement or activity might bring on strange heartbeats. I am so glad to find this site..I have been called many names by many people...crazy, paranoid, bringing this on myself, addicted to worry,etc...I HATE worrying but not sure at this stage in my life if I can ever stop...thanks for support!

nomorepanic
14-10-10, 05:44
Hi darnielle

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

eeyorelover
14-10-10, 06:36
Hi and welcome to the site :)
I'm sure you will find loads of useful info and lots of supportive new friends here.
Be sure to check out the help pages on the left of the screen.
They have lots of great info.
xxx
Sandy

LiquidSky
14-10-10, 09:18
welcome to NMP darnielle

paula lynne
14-10-10, 09:54
Hi there and welcome aboard! Youre not alone hun x:welcome:

Vanilla Sky
14-10-10, 18:21
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Maj
14-10-10, 20:24
Hello and welcome. What a rotten time you've had and you've soldiered on for all these years! No wonder you feel like you do. It sounds like your heartbeats are an obsession and I wonder if you have ever taken medication to control this? Although we have to accept our anxieties medication can play a great part in helping us through the worst of them. I can't believe that after all these years there isn't something that can help you and I'm sure if you get reassurance and support from this site then things can change for you. Don't despair. It's never too late to get help x:flowers:

shipmate
14-10-10, 20:55
Hi Wellcome :welcome::welcome::welcome:i am sure you get plenty of support on here