PDA

View Full Version : anyone had a dream that stays with them!!

ell1877
14-10-10, 09:25
hi,do dreams mean what you dream??
ive had loads of dreams but this particular dream i had scares me sooooo much
in my dream i had gone for a phsycic reading and they told me that when i was 35 i was going to die of cervical cancer :weep:
well my friend died of this awful disease and obviously its been in my mind and im really scared that i will die young and not see my little boy grow up:scared15:
so logically thinkin i suppose this could be why i dreamt this but when my irrational thinkin pops its ugly head i feel what if i dreamt this because this is whats goin to happen to me !!!!

do you think this is what it means i am really scared it will come true:weep:

ridiculouschatname1
14-10-10, 11:51
Hi, unless you have any psychic abilities yourself, then its not gonna come true. Its just your fears manifesting itself through your dreams. Maybe its something you have to confront? Must be horrible losing one of your friends so young, nobody could blame you for feeling like that. But, it's just a dream, and unlike the Gabrielle song, they don't really come true do they?:D
Take care,
Paul.

Nigel H
14-10-10, 18:27
There are some differing perspectives on dreams. It can be that your dreaming is when your mind makes sense of the day and what's happening in your life, so may recall what happened to your friend and 'play it through' in regard to your own situation.....

...... alternatively - the unconscious part of the mind [that part you are not consciously aware of from moment to moment] uses metaphor in it's processing of information, so a dream could be thought to be a metaphor for some area of your life experience. These are not always easy to make sense of!

The simple fact though, is that a dream is a thought process that happens during a certain stage of sleep. Unless you were to remember a specific dream and then take action to ensure it came true, it would simply be a thought process you had that night!!

The situation here is that you have had a dream and are naturally concerned about the content, since it was not a positive content. NOTE I say it's a totally natural reaction to be upset by dreaming of becoming ill - anyone would be.....

If this prompts you in to going to the doctor for a check over - to cover off the fact that you are actually healthy, then that would be good - and allow you to feel more comfortable again.

blueangel
15-10-10, 09:18
And I suppose another thought on this would be to make sure that you always go for screening when you're supposed to, as your chance of developing the disease if you get tested regularly are very low indeed.