PDA

View Full Version : Compression stocking.. any experiences?

Dazza
14-10-10, 11:42
I've had anxiety for a couple of years now. Many symptoms (dizziness, numbness, pains, etc). I've had many tests (MRI of heart, brain, ECG, stress tests, blood tests..). All normal.

For the past 3 weeks i've developed more numbness and pains in my legs. so I decided to get it checked out. I had an ultrasound they they said the blood flow is slower in my left leg than my right. The dr said it's not a big problem and i told her i'm worried about clots / heart attacks. She said don't worry, this will not affect your heart.

I've been given medication to relieve symptoms and I also now have to wear a compression stocking. But i'm now freaking out more about DVT (clots)....

When I wore the stocking for the first time (this morning) it felt like parts of my legs were going cold for when I walked. The coldness lastest for a second each time, usually with the movement of my leg. is this normal?

My main anxieties over the past two years have been heart attacks and strokes. I'm a 37 year old male, with a good health record according to the docs... they've never found anything wrong with me until this (and excess stomach acid).

Has anyone else here had to use a compression stocking for similar leg symptoms? I guess I just wanna be reassured that I'm not going to get clots, and ultimately a heart attack / stroke!

I wish i could stop worrying about this stuff!! My boss admitted to me this week that she has a phobia of cancer. I don't... it's the dramatic stuff that kills instantly that i'm terrified of.

Thanks for reading.

Ambers
14-10-10, 13:06
I wear one from time to time - I am currently wearing it, although it has been years since I last wore it.

I had a vein removed from the back of my leg when I was younger and had to wear the stocking afterwards, I also have to sleep with my leg slightly higher (I used a cushion). Since then every so often I get pain in my knee similar to the pain I had when I had the vein.

I also wore them during the last months of my pregnancy because of my history.

I am wearing one now and have been doing so for the past week - this is due to the return of the pain alongside Haemorrhoids (embarressing thing that) I am worried that somehow they are connected.

Anyway - yes the stocking can feel as you described - infact I find mine particlarly uncomfy but I know it will relief my leg pains eventually. It all sounds normal to me.

Dazza
14-10-10, 15:37
thanks for your reassurance. my anxiety has gone sky high again since being told i need to wear the stocking.

i get similar symptoms all over my body.. i rang my doctor last night to ask he he thinks that they are also due to circulation problems and he said no.

then i made the mistake of googling.. and now i've got congestive heart failure in my mind!!! i hate it!