PDA

View Full Version : new to mirtazapine

zoe-22
14-10-10, 12:49
i have been taken off trazadone and put on to 15mg of mirtazapine due to not sleeping well has any one been given hen for health anxiety and depression if so do they work im really scared to take them thank you
zoe x

lori1
14-10-10, 13:48
Hi Zoe

Im on Mitrazapine 15mls, has been a month now, my mood is lifting so early days yet. It will def help with your sleep, but i will say that when i took my first one i was knocked out and phoned my doc the next day, and he said to cut in half for the next week, then go on 15mls. I really wished he had of warned me before!! Im not telling you what to do, but if i were starting it again i would start on half the 15mls, because you will feel drowsy for a couple of weeks. Hope it has been some help to you.

Lori x

JT69
14-10-10, 14:49
Hi Zoe,

Yes mirtazipine will make you feel very sedated at first until your body gets used to it. If you can take some time out so you can adjust to the meds. I was unable to drive for around 2 weeks as I felt very drowsy during the day. Having said all that it really helped me.

Hope you can bear with it and reap the benefits of the medication.

Take care.
Joxx

blackberry
29-10-11, 23:27
I'm on day 8 of taking 15mg of mitrazapine (went from 40mg Citalopram to 15mg Mitrazapine over 3 days) and the side effects arent anywhere as bad as I thought they were going to be!
Mitrazapine has helped me sleep better, I have been managing to get about 5 hours straight instead of an hour and a half which I got before.
I hope this medication works for us all!

eva82
30-10-11, 03:59
Don't be scared to take them...I was terrified of trying Mirtazapine after my horrible experience with citalopram. At 15 mg you may experience sleepiness (that's why you should take them at night) and increased appetite. Those are the most common side effects. In was on 30 mgs for a month but it did increase my anxiety so I am coming back down to 15 mg. Hope you do well on them...good luck!