PDA

View Full Version : Am new to all this but been depressed for years

fruitandnutcase
14-10-10, 13:05
Hi all.

Just wanted to say hello and see if i can get some help etc and support

I am curently on Fluoxitine.( Prozac) have been for about 4 years on and off. last 6 months I cant sleep, feel like the world is coming to an end. Have the shakes feeeeeel verrrry anxious about really silly things.

I have made some massive changes in my life in the last year ie had a gastric band..lost 6 stone and feel good about myself BUT there is still something missing and I cant tell you what it is. I have good and bad days.

I go to sleep ok but wake after 4 hours and dont sleep from about 2am onwards. I wake with a feeling of dread and that I am frighthend what the day will bring?

Anyone else having these thoughts just need a bit of a helping hand..

Thanks Ed :shrug:

nomorepanic
14-10-10, 13:06
Hi fruitandnutcase

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

jen1983
14-10-10, 13:10
Hello there

Yes i have the same problems, i suffered with anxiety / depression a couple of years back, and i came off my medication this april as i got better and was free of all of that... up until Tuesday this week i felt like crap again, waking up with fear of dread, constant crying not wanting to get out of bed, most of my day is this feeling and im finding it a chore as i have two babies to look after aswell.....

I am off work at the moment, been signed off until monday but somehow i think im gonna need more time off.

I have been put back on citalopram again, this tablet worked wonders for me and i just cant wait til it starts to kick in, i want the old jenny back

fruitandnutcase
14-10-10, 18:10
Jenny

I had pnd with my two kids who are now 4.5 and 3 and its hard even now.. not at the crying stage but the fear and dread of each day is whats getting to me :(

and the lack of sleep. My kids have been good sleepers since they were 6 weeks old so never really had sleep depravation. I hate this and am running on empty.

I tried Citralopram ( Sp?) and felt so sick that i had to come off it and went back onto prozac. I have read you cant drink with Cit either and I rather like my wine LOL.. Is that true??

Ed x

Vanilla Sky
14-10-10, 18:12
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

jen1983
15-10-10, 08:08
Yeah its true that you can't drink on these tablets, although i think they mean like get absolutely drunk on it, its ok in moderation i think.

I hope we all get better soon, as this really is the hardest part x

fruitandnutcase
17-10-10, 11:28
I have just been given Mirtazapine... OMG I am so out ofit it is aful.. Day two today so hoping that it will pass. I slept tho last night which was good.. Back to work tomorrow. Hope I dont feel like this tomorrow!!!

paula lynne
17-10-10, 13:37
A belated welcome to you Ed, hope you have a better day today. Remember, new meds give us lots of side effects to start..tell yourself it will get better...and it will. x

Veronica H
17-10-10, 16:14
:welcome:to NMP Ed. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax

fruitandnutcase
20-10-10, 13:42
well finally today after 5 days of these new drugs i feel half human again.. well not so zombiefied LOL. I now need to get on with these and then they are talking about taking me off the prozac and put onto a nother drug that works well with this..
I hate change its awful and i kind of want to keep the prozac but doc says that the two drugs combined are not good long term.

I scared myself by reading the small print it said ...."and other symptoms that may lead to death" OMG

I have been told that all is good tho and that in these doses it should be ok.

:-)