PDA

View Full Version : help!!

clairey
01-08-03, 12:55
i have a stomach condition which i can now handle. But it has caused me to worry alot!! only when i leave the house. It doesnt happen allways but when it does i get hot flushes and worry constantley and want to go home!! i just do not want to be where i am!!
I am ok sometimes but i want to beat it all for good before it gets out of control!!
I cant take anxiety meds as i am already on an antidepressant which is used for my stomach pain.
does amyone have any success is overcoming this?

claire xx
Please reply or email me at gilesandclaire@aol.com if you want to chat and help me through this!! thanks agian

cmitchell

Meg
02-08-03, 20:44
Hi Claire,

Is it just a stomach condition or does it affect all your digestive tract ? Have you been diagnosed with something specific ?

Good to hear that you can now control it - sounds like you made the biggest step to getting over it yourself and the rest will come with time, patience and practice.

Whats bothering you most now ?

clairey
03-08-03, 16:57
hello its a condtion that effects my stomach only. Its called functional dyspepsia, doctors think it is due to overactive nerves of the stomach. So it is basically nerve pain.
I am slowely sorted that out, but its my anxiety and agrophobia that needs attention as my stomach has caused me to be this way

cmitchell

Meg
03-08-03, 20:45
Hi Claire,

Good that you have a diagnosis now so you can stop worrying and accept that you will have these symptoms with you for a while yet, whilst you get to grips with it all. ...In order to be diagnosed FD you must have gone through a battery of investigations and they all have been negative.:)

When those worrying thoughts come into your mind and just won't go - have a sentence ready for it. Perhaps something like 'I now know what is wrong with me and that I am very safe and have no reason to be scared anymore ' Say it again and again and again until it becomes an automatic response whenever you start worrying about it. [:I]

Energy follows thought - so keep the worry at bay. The more you worry the more your stomach will play up.

So you need to really relax your (stomach) muscles which is what your current antidepressant does.

You may already have revised your diet considerably or have been to a Kinesiologist for food testing,

do Yoga or Tai Chi as well as relaxation tapes regularly,

increased your exercise.

Remember how lucky you are, it's just FD and you are not in danger and thus do not need to worry any more so you can start getting around a bit more now. Comfort yourself when you take a step forwards that the hot flushes will not harm you either.

All these will affect both your FD as well as your overall wellbeing.:D

Take care
Meg

clairey
03-08-03, 20:59
hello,
i have had all the tests done. My stomach doesnt seem to play up when i get anxiety just my mind playing all the tricks on me.
I do feel lucky i dont have anything life threatening but to be told you have a chronic condtion isnt very comforting either! lets hope the anti-d's help hey!!
claire[8D]

cmitchell

Meg
03-08-03, 22:05
Hi Claire,

With dietary changes and lots of automatic relaxation FD can be overcome and forgotten about. I'm sure you'll get there..[8D]

buyadegara
23-03-15, 09:03
thanks for info
http://freepics.science/22/smile.gif