PDA

View Full Version : Which Med

ogarchamplin
03-03-04, 22:28
I am going to my doctor tommorow because the Zoloft is making me worse then before. Anysuggestions on what meds i should try for Panic attack disorder? Paxil, Efexor, Celexa, Depakote, Buspar? etc

Harrisburg, Pa

nomorepanic
03-03-04, 22:36
It is too hard to say cos no-one person has the same reaction to any one drug.

Prozac never worked for me but has helped loads on here. Citalopram (i think) made me very ill but again people on here feel great on it

It depends on your health, age, medical history etc etc

Nicola

ogarchamplin
03-03-04, 22:45
quote:Originally posted by nomorepanic

Prozac never worked for me but has helped loads on here.

Nicola

i always told my doctor no to Prozac because i have heared such horror stories about the side effects

Harrisburg, Pa

kate
04-03-04, 08:42
Hi Ogar,

As Nic says everyone reacts differently to different meds.

What suits one, may not suit another.

There are so many meds out there to choose from that it is no wonder that it can take several attempts to find the one that suits YOU.

So, try not to be put off any particular one due to other peoples experiences. Give it a go yourself and see how you get on. You could be pleasently surprised!

Kate x

Laurie28
04-03-04, 09:58
Is Citalpram to med of choice at themment?

it's what I was prescribed as well!!

Lucky

Lottie32
04-03-04, 10:40
I have been on Prozac for a month.

I feel a bit better.

I have had absolutely NO side effects, what so ever.

I think in order for any medication to work, you have to address them with an open mind.

DO NOT read the side-effects, you can make yourself get them! And as Meg pointed out, the manufacturers are legally obliged to list EVERYTHING that ANYBODY who has trialled the drug has suffered from. So some of the side-effects written down may even be a freak reaction, suffered by one user.

I have known several friends who have all taken prozac, and all have had no problems whilst taking it.

I have had some friends that it didn't work for either.

I believe the best thing to do is to visit your doctor with an open mind, some meds seem to work really well for one person, but don't help another.

Hope you find something that suits you soon

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Laurie28
04-03-04, 11:14
That is where I went wrong!!

I said to the doctor when he prescribed them I can't take them I'm scared of taking paracetomal at the moment

If I was taking them the 1st one would have to work straight away and take away all the abxiety about taking them (does that make any sense). the doctor said Citropram was fast working and should be working in about 2 weeks!!!

I went home and hid them in a drawer, then took them out read the side effects (or what can happen) and point blank refused them. my partner was upset as he knew what a mess i was and really couldn' understand why i wasn't taking them, I got hysterical and started reciting the side effects shouting WOULD U TAKE THEM WELL WOULD YOU!!

Well i think i taked myself out of it before he even handed me the prescription and by reading the side effects just seriously freaked out!!

Not to worry though i'm slowly getting there med free!!!

lucky

Lottie32
04-03-04, 12:31
I was really anxious before I started taking the fluoxetine.

I had to take a deep breath, and then spent all day trying NOT to think about the fact I'd taken the tablet at all!

After a few days, nothing horrible happened, and I was able to relax again.

I still firmly believe that as I was in a heightened anxious state anyway that if I had read the side effects, I would have been ill, as my mind was making my body susceptible!

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

nomorepanic
04-03-04, 21:37
Charlie

I never had any side effects on Prozac. With Dothiepin I put 2 stone on in weight!!

Nicola

ogarchamplin
04-03-04, 22:11
My doctor switched me to Effexor XR with Klonapin. Anyone on this med?

Harrisburg, Pa

nomorepanic
04-03-04, 22:23
Take a look here ...

Efexor ? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=353)

Nicola

ogarchamplin
05-03-04, 00:39
mmmmmm...dosent sound good. But its got to be better than the reaction i have been getting from Zoloft

Harrisburg, Pa