PDA

View Full Version : Just having a rant

davey
15-10-10, 00:14
Hi all. Im not asking any questions just need to have a moan. Iv been in loads of pain the last few days in my back and chest and I still am now, my doctor said yesterday he wont do anything because nothings wrong with me so I guess in his eyes he either thinks im seeking attention or its fine for chest pain to destroy your life. Im not after anything major just something to take my pain away, I know im a man and my dad would say dont be a puff but iv cried 3 times over the last few days. I cant pick my son up,Iv lost my job i cant move my left arm above my head sometimes oh and my left breast swells massive sometimes as it is now but hey thats normal according to my gp. I know I should change docs but I have twice now and I think because iv been placed in that anxiety box everything i ever go in for is down to anxiety to them,im not saying it isnt but surely anxiety doesnt make your breast swell to a point you can notice it through a t-shirt. Still im going back again tomorrow for some more humiliation. Does anybody want to come with me lol.
Thanks for listening,i do feel a little better letting it all out.:lac:

PokerFace
15-10-10, 09:39
Aw that sounds horrible davey, I would come with you if I could! I never go alone I'm too chicken lol. Have you tried ibuprofen? It relaxes muscles and soothes swelling as well as being a pain killer if it's your muscles playing up. You've probably pulled a muscle in your back/chest from the bug you had from sneezing and coughing a lot. You have every right to kick up a fuss about your breast swelling to be fair, that doesn't sound very comfertable! As for changing docs, I usually see a different one every time cuz they just give you who they can so you can get an appointment the same day. The 2 times I've been since my anxiety it has been the same one though even though he's not my offical doctor, I havn't seen him since I was a child! A lot of people with anxiety have to switch up their doctors til they find a good one, this one you have at the moment doesn't sound very understanding at all and you definatley should change!

I wish you luck for your appointment today, I hope it's better than the last one! xx

caz1625
15-10-10, 10:00
Hi Davey

SAorry to hear you are having a rough time of it. I had a hellish chest infection and have pains in my chest and back for the last couple of weeks. According to my doc it's pulled muscles due to all the coughing and it could be sore for weeks. I was told to take ibupofen.

As for your swollen breast it could be a hormone rush. My son gets this and the doc assures him it is just a burst of hormones. I know he finds it very painful.

Good luck at the docs :)

Carol x