PDA

View Full Version : Another Attack

Estranged
15-10-10, 09:49
Hi all,
I've been doing well, but had another anxiety attack, woke up about 4am (which is minutes ago as I write this), 8hrs after eating dinner, with heartburn, course I got panicd and then it started, I was able to talk myself down from it , reached for my lorazepam but never took it, as it began to settle down.

Still have a bit of heartburn after taking Zantac, I assume it could have been caused from eating spaghetti and tomato sauce? Feeling stuffed after it not to mention some frustration I was having before bed trying to set up my xbox, :) not sure if all that could have led to it?

Thanks all for hearing me out, always love feedback

paula lynne
15-10-10, 11:09
Hi hope you feel better by now...tomato sauce is notoriously rich and may well have contributed to the heartburn. Your frustration at the x-box would have probably contributed to your anx, and it woke you up. An hour before bed, dont do anything stimulating, use this time for you, to completely wind down............hope you sleep well tonight x:)

Snap
15-10-10, 11:49
An hour before bed, dont do anything stimulating, use this time for you, to completely wind down............hope you sleep well tonight x:)

Sage advice. I've learned over the years that for me, at least, the hour before bed is about the most important in the day. If I do anything stimulating, that could be a good night's sleep down the drain. Plus, even the light from TV screens and so on is enough to decrease melatonin production, which affects sleep. Exactly, it's the time to completely wind down.

I hope you do sleep well tonight. I'm sure you will: these things rarely happen two days in a row.

Estranged
15-10-10, 13:19
Thanks everyone, it's now 8am n I still felt like my mind was in anxiety/ panic mode when first waking up, bit foggy, bit Ill to my stomach, and tired as anything, I'm hoping it's relate to my attack, as most mornings I've felt pretty good when not having one.

Thank You

ridiculouschatname1
15-10-10, 16:42
Hi estranged, I get really frustrated when things don't work properly, especially the internet, which does lead to really anxious feelings.I used to play alot of computer games too but I've pretty much stopped playing them. I didn't like how they made me so agitated, and I felt like I was wasting my time playing them. Thats good advice about not doing anything stimulating before bed. The only time i can get a really good sleep is if i have everything off, and maybe read a book or something. And yet most nights I fall asleep watching vids on youtube...