PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhea and anxiety?

phil06
15-10-10, 15:51
I first thought it was coming from my IBS symptoms then last week I was a bit ill thought a bug..a week on I eat something and some days this week within half an hour I'm in the toilet with diarrhea. Almost like anytime I eat something..

I'm like 10/10 anxiety wise..very worried about bowels so is it anxiety or an extended bug or something else?

It's causing me panic attacks as I keep needing the toilet..I'm worried I'm dying.. :weep:

nomorepanic
15-10-10, 16:38
I get this all the time with Crohn's and IBS.

I think I suggested before about a colonoscopy but you said that you thought it was not necessary as it was anxiety?

phil06
15-10-10, 16:56
I get this all the time with Crohn's and IBS.

I think I suggested before about a colonoscopy but you said that you thought it was not necessary as it was anxiety?

It could be a symptom of anxiety just getting worse and may pass or might not be but if it keeps up I may have to see the doctor but if it passes maybe I can put it down to anxiety..I'm just worrying about it too much.

nomorepanic
15-10-10, 17:00
In the meantime Phil go on a low fibre diet and avoid too much acidy fruit and spicey foods as well.

phil06
15-10-10, 19:12
Is it also normal to have a sore backside due to this? I feel I can barely sit down..plus my stomach is constantly churning like I need more...plus there's been alot of mucus when I do the toilet..and I'm getting alot of burping and wind...it's causing me to panic quite bad.

I'm worried about work tomorrow incase I can't see that shift out due to bowel issues or I'm worried I'll crap myself and have to come home..doesn't matter what symptom it is but it feels worse each time..

Surely it's not normal to sit feeling you will crap urself all day must be something awful. :unsure:

Dahlia
16-10-10, 10:35
Many people with IBS feel exactly this way - I certainly do. As I have said (several times now), get some Imodium for work, it will take away the worry that you will crap yourself. You will have a sore backside, because you have had to wipe it a lot as you've been to the loo a lot - get some Andrex wetwipes as they are softer on your skin.

IBS can be very debilitating and your symptoms are how many people feel with it. But there are over the counter meds you can buy to ease your symptoms - so it's your choice whether to suffer or help yourself.

paula lynne
16-10-10, 11:53
Hi Phil..diahorrheoa is extreamley common with anxiety, its the bodys way of getting rid of anything uneccesary so it can run (fight or flight) it happens to me when I get a panic attack and I also vomit. Your bottom is bound to be sore. Lots of good advice in previous posts re-immodium, and dietry advice. Try to stop focusing on it 24/7 and Im sure the problem will ease. Hope you feel better soon x:)

suzy-sue
16-10-10, 19:39
Bananas are very binding ,and also Eggs .Scrambled or poached .No fat .Take the immodium if it helps but avoid it long term .It will bung you up and cause bloating and wind .A natural form of easing would be better .Buscopan or colofac ,and a few marshmallows .believe it or not ..How did work go today Phil ? i hope everything is a bit better today .luv Sue x

michmackan
16-10-10, 21:32
Hi Phil,

I have had the exact same thing as you its awful isnt it apparently there is a very nasty stomach bug going around i understand exactly how your feeling ive been a nervous wreck worrying i will die also take care

dodo
18-10-10, 11:20
Yes a sore bottom is the norm I'm afraid. It's not nice.

Nomorepanic - you say about a low fibre diet, what would you suggest for breakfast given that cereals etc are high fibre? I think I'm intollerant (not allergic) to weetabix and porridge as every time I have them after a few days I start to get acid. But I am at a loss as to what else I should eat for my breakfast, lol.