PDA

View Full Version : what the hell is happening to me??

MadJam
15-10-10, 17:12
Over the past couple of days I have felt really depressed! Woke up this morning with a huge feeling of dread and anxiety! Is the mirtazapine supposed to help with this?? I know the only time I have ever felt like this was at the start of this medication. I am so scared - I just want to feel better and don't feel I have gained from this medication - just nasty side effects. I was that bad this morning I rang to make an appointment with a physciatrist but appointment not till 10th November!!!!! Any advice??

BubbleBonce
16-10-10, 23:38
How long have you been on the meds? It can take a few weeks to start working and in the mean time can make you worse temporarily. Sorry nooone else got back to you.

paula lynne
16-10-10, 23:43
Hi could you see your gp whilst waiting for your psyc appointment, just to reassure you x

JT69
17-10-10, 07:55
Hi Madjam,

Have you been taking mirtazipine for long?? Meds take a while to get into our systems and can cause side effects to begin with including commonly increased anxiety....these should settle after taking them for a while.

I would make an appointment and have a chat with your GP, see what he reccomends as waiting until November is too long if you are still feeling awful.

I do hope that you feel better soon...keep posting for support from us and we will help where we can.

Take care.
Jo.xx

MadJam
17-10-10, 08:57
Thanks for your replies. Been on mirt for about 10 months now. It's getting worse - awake again at 3 this morning and not settled since. So scared!!!

BoeingBonkers
17-10-10, 15:37
I used to get these but as I was dropping of to sleep after a few mins of closing my eyes i'd sit up with an utter feeling of dread running through me it would last about 10 seconds and then I would fall back to sleep and it would happen again. I had to come of them this time as this side effect was not going away but they did wonders for my depression!

paulst
17-10-10, 16:23
I would certainly speak to your doctor, I take 30mg and although I sleep well, the anxiety is still a problem.