PDA

View Full Version : mood down as result of increaing meds??

ems43
15-10-10, 18:53
Sorry, back again. I upped my dose three days ago to 30mg which i was anxious about. I just really feel my mood has been more low the last few days and my fight it spirit seems to be decreasing. did anyone experience this when first increased their dosage? Feeling very tired of it all today and just want me back .. patience hey!xx

MadJam
16-10-10, 19:06
How are you feeling today?x

ems43
16-10-10, 19:11
Hi madjam, thanks for asking. Not had too good a day really, really feel anxiety gone up and mood gone down. Not sure if is to do with increasing meds or could just be a normal blip but keep having very odd thoughts and convincing myself i am going mad today. have really got to try and stick these out as had to quit escitalipram due to bad reaction after increasing dose. how are you now? x

ElizabethJane
16-10-10, 21:05
Hi Ems43 I'm not sure why you are experiencing low mood today? The increase in meds should start to kick in fairly quickly. As far as anxiety is concerened it seems to be a side effect of the mirt for some people. I have experienced anxiety whilst being on it and it did settle. I was allowed some low dose diazepan for the very bad anxiety attacks. Some people feel that they need to take something else as well but that is for you and your doctor to decide. If mine had not settled my psychiatrist would have looked at prescribing me pregabalin. I still get anxiety and sometimes some very bad attacks usually controlled by deep breathing and distraction as I think that I am on enough pills already! I would allow a week or so to adjust to the increase to 30mg and see how you go from there. Best wishes. EJ.

MadJam
16-10-10, 21:21
Today has been worse than yesterday! Woke up all hot and tingly - heart racing and really didn't feel well! This has come on and off all day and am scared to go to sleep as I was awake from 3 o'clock with this!!! It takes me back to when I started them!!! Sorry to hear your not ok, it may take a while for it to settle - just a question, are you sleeping better on 30mg??x

ems43
16-10-10, 23:46
I'm sorry your struggling so much at the mo madjam... it def sounds like something needs to change, as you said either increse this med or trying a new one. my sleep has been ok really on 30, the first night i woke once and def beena bit more restless but not too many probs. madjam, is the main symtom you have/ fear related to dp/dr? did i mention to you about the overcoming book on dp/ feelings of unreality ( sorry if did memory not working today). can you go back and see your GP before you have appointment with pdoc? i hope you have people that can support you during this difficult time and pm if i can help at all x ps- def try the exercise idea- honestly today had been the worst for me in a long time but again went swimming/ on power walk and feel much calmer x

ems43
16-10-10, 23:47
thanks for reply EJ, i know really i need to stop asking for reassurance and see what happens i just want that quick fix. thank you for your kinds words of reassurance and think i need to be patient x

JB63
17-10-10, 09:02
Hi ems43
I had my Mirt increaded to 30mgs 3 days ago, today will be day 4. On 15mgs I slept like a dream and had increased appetitie, my mood was up and down but it got me out of a dark place. The first night on 30mgs I had nightmares that was all I noticed, the second night restless sleep and more nightmares/vivid dreams but when I got up my mood was lifted and I had a really good day, that was yesterday. I am not sure if the change in dosage works that fast but something had switched in me to make me feel so full of energy and actually happy! Last night I had disturbed sleep again and woke with a booming headache today, I am not sure how I feel just yet as I haven't been awake very long but I think it the increase had definately lifted my mood somewhat.
When I had the increase my Psychiatrist said to look out for a more sedated feeling in the begining and mood changes. I can't say I am more sedated in fact quite the opposite. We all react different to meds . I hope you are feeling better today.