PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I'm dying due to these bowels

phil06
15-10-10, 19:56
I feel like I'm dying as I've had diarrhea and feel incomplete and full of rumbles. I'm getting into a panic attack about it all and getting chest pains now.

How will i survive? I've sat in all week worrying about this anxiety..:lac:

I thought i'd experienced the worst symptoms of anxiety but this feels awful. Any meal I've ate I've rushed to the toilet the last week.

KK77
15-10-10, 20:06
Have you looked at changing your diet? What has your doc said about all this Phil?

nomorepanic
15-10-10, 20:07
Phil - I replied to your other post about your diet.

phil06
15-10-10, 20:09
Have you looked at changing your diet? What has your doc said about all this phil?

I find it hard to do much about my diet but I've done alot of excerise this week by going for walks.

Just in the last week 'bowels' is all I have thought about..maybe that's making it worse I'm obsessed about it. I'm worried with it getting suddenly worse incase maybe I'm dying? :weep:

nomorepanic
15-10-10, 20:09
What sort of things do you eat?

nomorepanic
15-10-10, 20:10
You are not dying at all!

kibbutz83
15-10-10, 20:19
Hi Phil, this sounds horribly familiar to me... I've got a pretty strong suspicion it's IBS :( If my nerves are on heightened alert, which they so often are these days, all I have to do is eat, and I "run" :( My stomach makes these weird grumbling sounds, and hurts. When I run to the loo I sit there thinking I'm dying :( Good luck Phil x

KK77
15-10-10, 20:25
I find it hard to do much about my diet but I've done alot of excerise this week by going for walks.

Just in the last week 'bowels' is all I have thought about..maybe that's making it worse I'm obsessed about it. I'm worried with it getting suddenly worse incase maybe I'm dying? :weep:

Yes, focusing on it constantly is likely to make it a lot worse. I do think you need to make some changes to your diet, however small. Have you seen a health professional about this?

You certainly aren't "dying" Phil.

phil06
15-10-10, 20:32
Well there's a few minor routine changes in my habits which could be affecting my diet:

When I work I always have a takeaway for lunch something like a Burger. At night I started drinking fizzy juice if I wake in the night or before I go to bed which seems to have an effect on my bowels. I've also been eating breakfast at 12.30 due to my awful sleeping habits lately.

but alot of my anxiety is how I go out? I've sat and worried all week and decided not to go into town today. The bowel issues started affecting me more over the last few weeks really and just got to a peak where it's bad. But after my holiday from work I'm back to my job which is retail so it worries me as I'm in a shop all day and could have bowel issues. I've had a few minor discomforts at work but distraction helped.

I read the IBS page and seemingly CBT methods can help but my book doesn't cover that about training yourself to go at a certain time things like that. I don't know if I'm more worried about going out feeling weird or the bowels.

I've let myself down in the last week getting myself back to a worked up stage again.

KK77
15-10-10, 20:48
Well there's a few minor routine changes in my habits which could be affecting my diet:

When I work I always have a takeaway for lunch something like a Burger. At night I started drinking fizzy juice if I wake in the night or before I go to bed which seems to have an effect on my bowels. I've also been eating breakfast at 12.30 due to my awful sleeping habits lately.

This will not help. I know it's difficult but try taking a pack-lunch to work if there aren't any decent places to eat. Something light like sandwiches (yawn) or even a bit of salad... Boring I know but if you have these sorts of issues you have to look after yourself. I like eating rubbish every now and then but I don't have bowel problems Phil.

Also, fizzy drinks :lac: Lethal mate. Knock that one on the head immediately and go for water or fruit juice. If you knew the rubbish they put in them.....

phil06
15-10-10, 20:57
This will not help. I know it's difficult but try taking a pack-lunch to work if there aren't any decent places to eat. Something light like sandwiches (yawn) or even a bit of salad... Boring I know but if you have these sorts of issues you have to look after yourself. I like eating rubbish every now and then but I don't have bowel problems Phil.

Also, fizzy drinks :lac: Lethal mate. Knock that one on the head immediately and go for water or fruit juice. If you knew the rubbish they put in them.....

I could give it ago.

I'm still in discomforted worried I won't make work tomorrow. :blush:

I don't know why I'm so discomforted right now.

nomorepanic
15-10-10, 21:22
As I said before you need a low fibre diet and no fruit juice!

Burgers are full of fat which will aggrevate things.

You need to help yourself if you want to get better.

suzy-sue
15-10-10, 21:28
You are being very Negative in your way of thinking .This is what I meant the other day about getting into bad habits once you had too much time on your hands .Theres no reason you cant go to work and for things to be ok .The more you continue with the negative thinking the more negative you will become .Take some Buscopan for the IBS . or some Colofac .Take your packed lunch and sit somewhere restful to eat ,chewing your food more ,will help the IBS .Once you get up just get ready and go to work ,telling yourself ."things will be fine "Your anxiety is trying to control you ,dont let it ..Sue x

phil06
15-10-10, 21:46
You are being very Negative in your way of thinking .This is what I meant the other day about getting into bad habits once you had too much time on your hands .Theres no reason you cant go to work and for things to be ok .The more you continue with the negative thinking the more negative you will become .Take some Buscopan for the IBS . or some Colofac .Take your packed lunch and sit somewhere restful to eat ,chewing your food more ,will help the IBS .Once you get up just get ready and go to work ,telling yourself ."things will be fine "Your anxiety is trying to control you ,dont let it ..Sue x

Ok thanks I will let you know how I get on tomorrow. I went for a shower and done some dishes tonight and it felt a little better. I will try and improve my diet but I hope this worse spell is just a symptom and not like this all the time. I heard relaxation helps too.

suzy-sue
15-10-10, 22:00
Relaxation is a must Phil .Meditation not chanting btw .is meant to be a cure for IBS .That and a healthy diet .There has been a few articles in the media lately about it ..good luck tommorow .You can do it ..You will feel so relieved when you get there .Once you get back into a routine it will get easier ..Sleep well ..Sue x

Tessie28
17-10-10, 17:03
Phil,
IBS is a real *astard! Make no mistake it can make you feel awful especially when Mr Panic is in town! I don't know how I got through the last week - but manage I did.
People talk about fizzy drinks etc etc but I find when I am good I can eat and drink most things. When I am bad anything can set me off!
Be assured you are not dying there it will get better. Relaxation CDs can really help there.
Tessie

kibbutz83
17-10-10, 17:09
Hi Phil, you'll always pay a high price if you eat burgers and fizzy drinks :( I used to eat crap when I was younger.. just can't do it anymore :( x

phil06
17-10-10, 19:21
Well I managed work yesterday and today. Saturday was fine today I was awful had a massive panic attack before work and was 5 mins late. Was tempted to stay at home and never..due to my heartbeat going all funny.

Saturday I was not too bad with bowels today I was quite bad but at work I managed to hold it in..not sure if that's a positive still feeling you will crap yourself?

Sometimes when I lounge about all day feeling I need it ends up being either a load of diarrhea or just mucus which is bizarre as why is a tiny wee blop making me feeling I'm bursting to go?

Anyway..Bit moody today as I've had no caffeine drinks! but maybe it will help my bowels.

suzy-sue
17-10-10, 19:34
Well done Phil thats REALLY excellent you made it to work ..:hugs:.Did you get any thing to take for the IBS .?iT WILL help with the problems you are having at the moment .The caffeine isnt good for it either so well done for that too Its a stimulant and makes you go more .Hope it starts to settle soon ,im sure it will if you follow some of my suggestions .Just have a bland diet for a week or so .Some probiotic yoghut will help too .It keeps the gut healthy avoid lumps of fruit tho ..Yakhult would probably be a better idea for now . T/c Sue x:hugs: