PDA

View Full Version : Propanolol Side Effects?

StillyKat
15-10-10, 20:52
Hi everyone,

I have just started taking Propanolol 80mg for my anxiety, however I am just wondering if anyone has experienced any side effects? At the moment my arms and legs are very tired and feel wobbly. Also, 30 mins after taking it I am getting ringing/tinnitus in my left ear!

Anyone recognise these symptoms?

Katie x:wacko:

nomorepanic
15-10-10, 21:45
Katie

You would be better reading in this forum:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=50

Electric_Worry
15-10-10, 21:53
I've been taking 80mg slow-release for five weeks now and for the first few days I suffered from terrible bouts of nausea and felt as though I was going to pass out. Once it got into my system I did fell a lot better, however the two symptoms have returned on a few occasions. Whether this was as a result of the Propranolol or merely the anxiety, I cannot say for sure.

As it lowers your blood pressure then feeling a little unstable on your feet and feeling tired are to be expected, especially until you get used to it. I felt really tired in the beginning, but again it kinda levelled out after I got used to it.

After five weeks of taking them, I can honestly say I feel a lot better. The symptoms that I've had have become manageable and they're not really stopping me from doing things. Remember that Propranalol treats the physical symptoms of anxiety and not the mental aspect.

Going home
16-10-10, 02:11
Ive been taking 80mg slow release for the past 3 years now and they control my blood pressure and ease my missed heartbeats, but sometimes, though not like they did in the beginning, they still make me feel like i'm climbing a mountain when I go upstairs and to be honest, ive put on weight since starting them, although the doctor is reluctant to say that the weight gain is down to the pills...but I do feel lots better as far as the anxiety goes if that makes any sense :)

Anna xx

Jaco45er
16-10-10, 07:42
I use to take them as and when, the doc said I could use them for when I was anxious, and leave them when I was fine.

I found if I took them for a couple of days or more, I just felt a little tired, like i was dragging myself along.

That said, I thought they worked pretty well when taken only for bad days.

TC

Jaco

TracyL
22-10-10, 00:36
Hi

I have taken them for many many years and havn't really suffered any side affects worth mentioning. I do have a bit of a cough and I was told by my doctor that if you are asthmatic, these tablets can irritate it a bit. Not sure if I am asthmatic but i certainly have a bit of a cough but the benefits of me taking these tablets far outweigh that so i'm quite happy with them

take care
Tracy