PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

Ariana
16-10-10, 00:15
Hello :yesyes:

I came looking for a forum, to make new friends who suffer as I do, with what I think is an anxiety disorder. I have all the symptoms that fit GAD, and infact for the last 7 years, my GP(s) have been telling me I do have an anxiety disorder. I've persistently refused that I have GAD and convinced that I do however, have every other condition under the sun.

The symptoms are starting to take over my life, and I'm beginning to feel that if I don't step out of this denial, and do something now, I will spend the rest of my life, worried half to death and unhappy!

I won't go any further into it right now (I'll post in the appropriate section) I just wanted to explain a little, why I'm here.

For the first time ever, I'm about to try and address my feelings and behaviours and I hope that meeting people with similar problems, will help me face reality and learn to cope with who I am and what this condition is.

I really, really look forward to getting to know you :)

nomorepanic
16-10-10, 00:17
Hi Ariana

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JaneC
16-10-10, 00:19
Hello Ariana :welcome:. You sound like you have the right attitude an I'm sure you'll find being on here helpful.

Ariana
16-10-10, 02:14
Hey again,

Thanks for the welcome, I've been lingering around reading through the articles there on the left, and finding them very informative.

It does seem like I've stopped by the right place. Reading through the forums I've read so much from other members that sound exactly like me, so I'm looking forward to getting to know people :)

paulst
16-10-10, 10:07
Hello Ariana, welcome to the forum.:)

paula lynne
16-10-10, 11:35
Hi Ariana and welcome to a fantastic supportive site, youll make lots of friends here. Youve got a determined poisitive attitude, and thats an enormous plus. Nice to know you x:)

Fly away Katie
16-10-10, 13:16
Hello and welcome to NMP x x x

Vanilla Sky
16-10-10, 14:00
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Anabell
16-10-10, 14:46
Hi Ariana - this is a great place to find support and friendship to help you come to terms with GAD. Hope you find reassurance here :)

slik321
16-10-10, 15:51
:welcome: Hope you find comfort here :D