PDA

View Full Version : cervical cancer jab, really scared :(

miniholly
16-10-10, 21:48
okay, ive been a bit hestitant about getting it after i heard last year a girl died from getting it and several have become really ill from it so its put me off but i do want to get it done for a couple of reasons though im really scared i'll die from it or become paralysed :( im 16 so i can still get it done, im just really scared i dont want to get it done but i dont want to get cervical cancer either :( all of my friends have been fine from it just a sore arm but im so scared, i hate injections anyway but ive just been reading on some horror stories about it and its made my fears go sky high, im in tears at the minute what should i do? :(

paula lynne
16-10-10, 22:45
Never read up...you know this hunny. If your anxiety is centered around the girl who died, is it possible you can talk to a nurse/gp/teacher/parent before hand? x Im sure youll be fine, but its your body and no-one should force you to have it in my opinion x:hugs:

i love tea
16-10-10, 23:26
The death of the girl you're talking about was found to not be related to the jab at all - http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/oct/01/cervical-cancer-vaccination-tumour-natalie-morton

You will be fine if you decide to have the jab :hugs:

miniholly
16-10-10, 23:32
i think im going to have it after my mum had a cervical cancer scare a few years back she said it was awful, i'd rather have the jab than have cervical cancer when i'm older so my mums ringing up my gp next week to see when i can have it done :) xx

Jeanine25
18-10-10, 14:35
i had it privately and refused to go for the 3rd shot.... im in my 20's and paid thru the nose for it only to later find out that if a person has ever contracted the virus HPV and they go on to have the 3rd shot, it'll increase the risk severely of cell changes...