PDA

View Full Version : Imitating schizophrenia???

GreyGirl
16-10-10, 22:55
Hello dear people:)
I am coping with anxiety and panic disorder already an year.
I faced up the intrusive thoughts,suicide thoughts,depersonalization,derealization and much more.
Then i started to be in worry if i go crazy!
I can' belive,but i started to have symptoms of insanity as i had symtoms of heart attack before.
I read all about schizophrenia,and my mind now behave as i have it.
My aunt is schizo and she is talking as she has baby etc,but she doesn't have.
I suddenly got a random thought that i will have baby. And this thought doesn't mean normal to me. Even i started to behave as pregnant woman and i can't stop this. I know this thought is bizzare and illogical,but why i have it? why i can't stop it?

I am afraid what if i already have schizophrenia,altrought my therapist said there is no way.
Did u ever had irratonal and bizzare thoughts because of anxiety?
I am so afraid people! Pls help! I will kill myself if this is schizophrenia!

ladybird64
16-10-10, 23:08
Trust your therapist..you do NOT have schizophrenia.

Anxiety causes many extreme and bizarre thoughts but that does not mean you are suffering from a mental illness.

daybyday
16-10-10, 23:23
I doubt you have schizophrenia. You likely wouldn't be concerned about it, because you wouldn't think you had it.
Anxiety will cause us to relate to another's ills. Been there, done that myself. An overstimulated mind will project something into our own life. Reading any other anxiety related disorder can make me believe I have it too.
My husband's mom is schizophrenic. She only knows it because it is on paper diagnosis. She is in her own little world.
A therapist will spot schizoprenia quickly. Trust that.

ems43
16-10-10, 23:57
hi there, i can def relate to what you are saying as i also become terrified i have psychosis/ schizophrenia. i think when we have this fear we look for thoughts/ feelings that would confirm it. i experience so many odd thoughts/ feelings and also suffer from dp/ dr. at times i can really convince myself i am going crazy and it is very scary. for example, today i looked at my computer and thought " what if i am the computer" - so nonsensical you cannot even explain it but it makes me believe I have lost the plot. I guess its a bit like other forms of health anxiety, in which you have a belief that you have a physical health problem then looks for signs to confirm that. where as with our fear we are hypervigilant for our thought processes that confirm our belief that we are mad! like you , i have been told by numerous health professionals and I also have trainingin in mental health, so know deep down that if i had psychosis I would not know I had psychosis, but it feels so very real when you experience those thoughts. I;m not sure of the way out yet but when i find it I'll let you know xx

ems43
16-10-10, 23:58
and by the way, worrying about going crazy is probably the most common anxiety symptom. x

GreyGirl
17-10-10, 00:04
Thank u people:)