PDA

View Full Version : Your Mission...........

ditzygirl
17-10-10, 14:03
Last night I had a real shock - while visiting friends we learned of the death of local artist whom we all adore - this guy, was lovely, quiet, always had time for a chat, a brilliant artist and had an amazing knowledge of breeding dogs. He was only in his early 50's and i came as a real shock. His shop was in a small complex of shops in the middle of a local village - one of those places you love to mooch around on a sunday. His shop is now all locked up.

I couldn't sleep last night - why am I wasting my life with worrying ????? I should be living life to the full!!!!!

So chums I am asking you to nag me - if I put stuff on here coz I am down or being silly - YOUR MISSION IS TO NAG ME TO GET OUT AND GET ON WITH MY LIFE. Your time on this earth is very short - I want to live it not regret it.

You don't know what's round the corner do youx

paula lynne
17-10-10, 14:36
Hi there.....Im so sorry about the death of your friend...such a shock.x
You are experiencing natural reactions to the news, nothing out of the ordinary there I assure you.x
Im NOT going to tell you to SNAP OUT OF IT AND GET ON...because I really feel you should take a couple of days to digest the news, so embrace the shock, anger, crying...and going through the process will help you come to terms with it in the long run if you deal with it now. You dont want to bottle it all up and keep going back to it in the future..........x
Today is the tenth anniversary of my bro-in-law Marks death...adult cot death they called it.....
And last night 5 young men died in a car on the road in front of my house.......death. final. or is it?
Im with you today as you mourn your friend, as Im feeling strange today too.....
wishing you health and happyness...by accepting your feelings...and going with it. x
Much love to you today..and tomorrow x:hugs:

Vixxy
17-10-10, 14:49
I can relate to you. My much loved uncle is currently undergoing treatment for cancer. He's an old man, so I don't know what his chances are. I don't think he would tell us if it were really bad. He always puts a brave face on everything.
So this brings me back to me and my attitude to life. I let it pass me by when there is nothing physically wrong with me.
I've had the same thoughts and feelings as you. That I needed to buck up my ideas, pull my socks up and get out there come rain or shine and deal with it. In reality it doesn't work so easily.
I do however believe that an event like this can set off a chain reaction in your life where you start to push through the old mentalities and move onto new healthier ones.
Good luck with it and I'm sorry for both your losses.
x

ditzygirl
17-10-10, 15:40
:bighug1:Thanks guys for your kind words, we are both still shocked - he was such a nice chap. But we will take a day at a time and remember him with a smile.

My thoughts and prayers are with both of you two too - life is tough sometimes.

I do understand you can't just PUll yourself together but I am gonna be more determined to make an effort with my life.

Paula what an awful weekend your having:bighug1:
thinking of you both and your families - its so good to share with people who care.

Thanks and loads of love to you bothx

Nigel
17-10-10, 16:01
Hi Ditzy,

It does make you think...
That’s about my age, an my life’s been rather a non-event so far.

My thoughts are with you, and Paula, and Vixxy... and with the families of those involved.

Take care,
Nigel

Going home
17-10-10, 16:18
Ditzygirl, I know what you mean. Ive spent most of my adult life waiting to have the heart attack that never came, all the anxious thoughts about my health prevented me from being truly free..I was always locked into myself worrying. Its not as if I havent had a life because i have and I married and had 4 children and held down jobs, but there was always the shadow of HA with me. Now i'm in my late 50's, an age when things can actually start to go wrong physically and I look back on all the years in my 20's 30's and beyond spent worrying. I realise that ill health isn't exclusive to older people, that younger people can be ill too, but really its less likely and most women at least, are protected from heart disease before the menopause, but before menopause of course we have PMT and the like which can cause so many anxiety symptoms that its easy for us to think we are really ill. I still have my wobbly days when anxiety gets the better of me, but to be honest these days I don't worry about the stuff i did when i was younger....at 57 life now really is too short!

Anna xx :)