PDA

View Full Version : What Next?...ARGHHH!! Fed up. :(

debs71
17-10-10, 16:25
Hi All,

Just a moan call from me today.

I am feeling really down today. Woke up feeling good, jumped in the shower, no anxiety symptoms and now on a downer as after the shower I discovered a little sore patch on my calf which I now can see is ringworm. This has peed me right off as I am at the end of my tether with health problems of late what with the ovarian cysts I only recently sorted out, the return of my anxiety and panic disorder,the lump in my breast that I have to have a mammogram of and now this!

Just in a 'what next'?? downer now.:weep:

I am just starting to conquer the anxiety and panic symptoms again with the help of restarting meds and forcing myself out of the house to face it, and these health things are just bringing me down again.

Sorry for the 'feeling sorry for myself' rant.....xxxxxxx:blush:

paula lynne
17-10-10, 16:35
Right back atcha hunny,...thanks for my hug x:bighug1:

debs71
17-10-10, 16:41
Thanks Paula....:hugs:

You're always welcome.xxx

Hazel B
17-10-10, 17:15
Debs, sorry you are feeling low, hope you are OK. Keep fighting. x :hugs:

sammi
17-10-10, 17:35
Hello hunni rant away we are here to listen sending you big :hugs: x

debs71
17-10-10, 18:23
Oh Thanks so much everyone...Hazel, Paula, Sammi...xxxx

Just one of those days where you feel you should have just stayed under the duvet..:unsure:

Hope you are all ok friends.x

KK77
17-10-10, 18:54
Oh dear, feel for you Debs. Sometimes problems are like buses... Well you get my drift...

Once you get the test(s) over with and given the all clear I'm sure you'll get back on track. This dreaded anxiety needs any old excuse to run rampant pffft

Hugs to you.

ditzygirl
17-10-10, 19:00
:hugs:to cheer you up.

Damned anxiety is so norty.

debs71
17-10-10, 21:15
thanks guys....you are all so supportive.xxx:)

suzy-sue
17-10-10, 21:17
Sorry you are feeling low Debs ..:hugs:Hope you pick up soon .Luv Sue :hugs:xx

debs71
17-10-10, 21:22
Thanks Sue.xxx

JaneC
17-10-10, 23:20
Hi Debs :hugs:. Can only sympathise. I'd just been thinking a wee while back that my physical health seemed better. Now I've had a lingering UTI, an infection when I got a tooth out, plus a couple of viruses all in a couple of months. Sigh.

As Mel said with the buses...

Hope you get into a better phase soon xx

debs71
18-10-10, 00:46
Sorry for you too Jane and thanks for your reply.xxxx

I wish you the same too.xx

blue moon
18-10-10, 01:21
Hello debs,just want to send you some hugs:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:Take care
Love Petra xx:flowers:

Inspires
18-10-10, 01:24
Debs,

Hope you begin to feel a bit better, real soon. :bighug1:

Take care,

Suenxn:flowers:

debs71
18-10-10, 12:40
Thank you so much Petra and Sue.xxx

Everyones kind wishes and support means so much to me.xxxx:hugs:

Hardamcnor
19-10-10, 16:24
Hope you are soon feeling bouncy again - Dani

debs71
19-10-10, 16:25
Thanks Dani.xxxx:hugs:

debs71
26-10-10, 20:39
Hello again everybody..

Not feeling great right now. Not anxious as I have kind of squashed that with the help of the meds thank God, but quite low in actual fact.

I still have the 'ringworm' patch on my leg and have been treating it with antifungal cream, but I also tried hydrocortisone yesterday as I started to doubt whether it was ringworm, as it hasn't been itching or spread at all, so I thought just maybe it was eczema which I have flares up of every now and again.

Well now it is even worse. Not only that, but because I did not want to spread it if it was ringworm, I have been covering it and now my leg has reacted to the plaster and I have a huge rash as well as the lesion.

Just feeling bloody hacked off about it all. I have a mammogram and breast surgery clinic appt on Thursday as well about my breast lump.

Just feel that just when I am on the up, I get kicked down again. I am due to go away Nov 5th after rebooking due to panic, and was so looking forward to swimming etc. If IT IS ringworm then that is out. I have a GP appt tomorrow about it.

Sorry to moan. Just had it up to here.:weep:

ladybird64
26-10-10, 21:24
Have a hug missus :hugs:

Always seem to get kicked when we are down don't we? Try not to think into the future too much, wait and see what the GP has to say.

Just wondering though Debs, is there any possibility it could be psoriasis?
My hubby has it, it started a few years ago (he is in his fifties) and it wasn't the "scaly" type that we normally think of but a raised red patch that wouldn't go..the skin looked a little inflamed like a patch of eczema.

I know it's hard but try and look forward to going away anyhow, maybe look on it as a chance to learn some relaxation etc.

keep us posted, will be thinking of you..on Thursday too of course :hugs:

paula lynne
26-10-10, 21:33
Hiya Deb :hugs:
Im sorry youre having a bad time x I agree with Ladybird, it may well be psoriasis/eczema type rash. I always find Sudocrem excellent for my patches behind knees, elbows etc, although it can be a little drying.

If youd like to try something more natural, Lush do an amazing gentle cream called Dream Cream, its absolutely amazing. My friend uses it on her little girl, who's 3, and its practically cleared all her eczema up completely.
Its about £9, but its a good size pot, so will last.

It smells nice, is Vegan, and not tested on animals. If you dont have a Lush shop near you, check out the website maybe.

Im wishing you all the best tomorrow at the docs, and next week lovey.
Lots of love, and hugs from a very very wet and windy Wales.:hugs:

debs71
26-10-10, 21:35
Thanks to you both.xxx

Hazel B
26-10-10, 21:44
Thinking of you, hope it goes well at the docs tomorrow. Sometimes things all happen at once, it will pass soon I hope.

Take care, big hig. :hugs:x

JaneC
27-10-10, 00:03
Hi Debs, glad you are seeing the doc. My daughter had a odd round patch on her skin last which I thought might be ringworm. Doc said no. He had to prescribe a couple of different creams but eventually we got something that cleared it. HC45 is a staple for me but it didn't help
:hugs: and good luck at your appt

debs71
27-10-10, 00:52
Thank you Jane.....xxxx:hugs:

debs71
27-10-10, 17:21
Sorry, it's me again!

Well I have just returned from the GP and I am totally losing all my faith now in doctors I am sad to say.

I explained to her the following : that I had a 12 day history of a ringworm type patch on my leg and I been treating it myself with Lamisil (terbinafine) anti fungal cream without joy, so I tried hydrocortisone to no avail thinking perhaps eczema and have now also reacted to the plaster I was covering with. She had a look saying 'yes it does look fungally' but you usually have a red ring and a normal patch in the middle with ringworm. I explained that I DID have that to start with. So she said........

........ 'lets try terbinafine cream' (the drug I had been using and told her that)

.........then she said, 'no, lets try miconazole and hydrocortisone together'

Number one : Miconazole is the same as the drug I was using.
Number two : I had tried hydrocortisone to worse effect.

When I told her it had made my leg worse she ignored it and said 'well let's try this'. She asked nothing about the history of eczema that I have to boot.

As far as the allergic reaction to the plaster she said NOTHING. I had to ask about that, would it go on its own, etc, and she said 'it should, but if u like you can put hydrocortisone on it'......

To add fuel to my by now raging fire, she then says ' how are things anyway?' (GP code for 'I can see you are on Cipralex from the computer screen') I said 'well things actually have been a quite rough the last couple of months and my panic attacks have returned, but I am trying to deal with things Doctor' to which she replied with.....NOTHING.

Well gee......thanks Doctor......most helpful.

I really felt like why did I bother, and frankly I am woNdering if I should even bother paying 8 quid for a prescription cream that won't work.

I am mightily pissed off now and just wondering what's the point?:weep:

Hazel B
27-10-10, 17:27
Oh no, I am so sorry to read this. It seems that she did not listen properly, very disheartening. I hope it clears soon and I will be thinking of you tmw at your appointment.

Hugs and support. :hugs:x

debs71
27-10-10, 17:32
Thanks Hazel, I really appreciate your kindness.

I am so fed up of this kind of thing. I have spent 13 years in the NHS seeing this over and over, doctors who basically don't listen to what someone is saying to them, and it makes me want to scream. I only ever go to my GP if I am at a loss about something, I don't go willY-nilly because I prefer to deal with it myself if I can, but she made me feel like I shouldn't have darkened the door.

I think I just need to go on the holiday and try to relax a bit as I don't want to slip back again.:weep:

Thanks EVERYBODY.XXX

Hazel B
27-10-10, 17:41
They should help, not make you feel like a nuisance! Not sure how easy it is for you to see another doctor, but I would consider it if I were you. You are not a time-waster, it's a blummin nasty GP. They are supposed to be in a caring profession, it makes me cross as we are vulnerable to start with and any knock-back feels worst.

Try to keep fighting, not long until you will be on holiday! I had to cancel my "holiday of a lifetime" cruise to Russia as I was too anxious to go, I will re-book something when I know I'm safe to stay away from home.

Take care. :bighug1:x

debs71
27-10-10, 17:54
Yes, I will do Hazel I think. It is a several partners practice, and I have had mixed experiences there so I will avoid her in future I think, but I don't have much faith in general and am very cynical now.

I do so hope you are able to go on your trip as well Hazel. This will hopefully be third time lucky for me after cancelling it twice.

lots of love.xx

kibbutz83
27-10-10, 18:53
Hi Debs, I share your miserable experience with doctors. I do think that when we have HA, they automatically switch off... it's almost as though they are programmed to not take us seriously. I do worry that if we go in with a genuine health problem, they won't even bother to listen to our concerns. I absolutely hate going to my GP, as I feel invisible as soon as I walk in the room. At least I know it's not just me who experiences this reaction : ) I think that a lot of GP's are extremely arrogant and dismissive... possibly to all their patients? Maybe we imagine it's just us? Who knows.
I am like you in that I very rarely go now, unless I absolutely have to. I used to have faith in doctor's... I have none now : ( Your rash could be stress related perhaps?
Try and put it down to just one more miserable b***** thing that life is throwing at you : ) There will probably a few more on the way : ( Hot bath+glass of wine maybe?
Hope you have a peaceful evening xx

debs71
27-10-10, 19:05
It is frustrating Kibbutz. The thing is though, I don't go often to the GP (I'm lucky as I don't have HA) and I have a genuine skin problem and all I was seeking was a second opinion really as I supected it was fungal, but if it wasn't, didn't want to carry on putting the wrong cream on it! You are right about the arrogance and dismissive nature of a lot of doctors. I do also think there is that 'worn out', cynical attitude that comes through with a lot of doctors, especially GP's, as they see countless people day in , day out and understandably perhaps, get a little jaded and non-plussed. I can get that in part, having worked in health for a long time, and nobody says it is a walk in the park working with the general public, but the bottom line is, if you don't like that line of work, don't do it, and certainly don't have it impact on a patient just seeking help.

To be honest, when I worked in A&E doing triage, after 6 months of it, I was getting very peed off and frustrated with the number of patients I triaged who were there with trivialities that could easily be solved by self care or their GP, and I actually started to resent the people attending A&E.I am ashamed for saying that, but I then realised that I had to take time away from nursing for that reason. If I hadn't left on health grounds I would have left anyway. It grinds you down, so I can see it from a GP's point of view, but at the same time that attitude isn't helpful to the patient.

Sorry for the ranting on. :weep:

JaneC
27-10-10, 19:20
Hi Debs, sorry it didn't go well. I thought my main GP was good when I first started going to her. 15 years on, I don't think she can be bothered any more. We got a new doc at the practice about a year ago and he seemed really enthusiastic - bet that'll not last, I remember thinking. I don't think I go that often either but I do wonder if there's something on my notes on the computer that says BEWARE with some sort of alarm I can't hear going off lol.

Don't know what the answer is but I hope things get better for you xx

debs71
27-10-10, 19:46
Thanks Jane for you support. I do appreciate it.:)

I'm sorry if I sound like a whinging whiner, I don't mean to, I just get a bit frustrated with it all.

xxxx:shrug:

JaneC
27-10-10, 19:53
Debs, you don't! Most people on here have probably had a bad experience with a doc at some point, so we know how you feel. Actually listening to patients is the most basic of courtesies they can offer xx

ljd
27-10-10, 19:58
debs sorry to hear about your health problems its enough to get anyone down, hope you fell better soon and keep going and try and stay positive tc

debs71
27-10-10, 19:59
Thank you so much ljd....I'm really grateful for your kind words.xxxx:hugs: