PDA

View Full Version : Resting heart rate

shropshire_lad
17-10-10, 16:53
Advice please folks...

Been on Mirt for just over 3 weeks now. Initial two weeks at 15mg and 30mg for the past week or so. So far haven't noticed much improvement in my depression, anxiety or negative thoughts, early days though so fingers crossed. Not many sides either so far.

One side I am concerned about is the increase in my resting heart rate, which was normally 55-60 pre-mirt, which went up to 70 ish at 15mg. It is now at 85bpm resting, pretty much all the time regardless of my emotions/anxiety levels.

Is this normal, should I see my doc?

Thanks for any advice...

margaret jones
17-10-10, 16:59
Hi shropshire lad sorry dont know do you think it is related to your meds ?? if so pop along to see your Gp Personally i would love a pulse of 80 mine can gallop along at 90/100 when I am stressed

JT69
17-10-10, 17:25
Hi Shropshire lad,

I started to take mirtazipine in Feburary and one of the things I noticed is I had a racing pulse...sometimes it was around 100 even when resting...it did settle down after a few weeks of taking it. I did go and see my Gp about it and he did give me some propananol to bring it down cos I was getting stressed about it.

Hope that makes you feel better.

Take care.
Jo.xx

shropshire_lad
18-10-10, 16:49
Thanks for the replies folks...

Pretty sure it's the Mirtazapine speeding up my heart rate. All other aspects of my life are the same diet/exercise/mental state, so I'm pretty sure it's the medication. Will keep an eye on it and it it doesn't settle down over the next few days I'll give the doc a call for advice.

I noticed another side effect of mirtazapine this morning... I've put on 9 pound in weight in only 3 weeks! Must be all my evening binges, this med sure does increase one's appetite! :ohmy:

JT69
21-10-10, 09:28
Hi Shropshire lad,

Yes....bad for weight gain!!! The benefits are more important I think....I can remember when I first started to take it I used to binge in the evenings too!! LOl!! It will settle down after a while...I dont do it now....2 stone heavier!!!

Take care
Jo.xx