PDA

View Full Version : just need a bit of advice plz (again)

julieliverpool
17-10-10, 17:39
hi im always on here but i just need a bit of advice again sorry i suffer with panick attacks pnd and really bad aniexty all day ive been sittin here thinkin am i still here wats that all about i just dont feel myself again my doc upped my meds to 20mg but they didnt seem to work made me worse still after takin them for nearly 7 weeks so ive gone bk down to 10mg an i feel awfull brerathless stupid thoughts i just feel so low its been goin on nearly 3 months now an i want my old self bk ive just had my first session of councelling and found it a bit hard talkin to them all i done was cry x

paula lynne
17-10-10, 17:43
Hi, sorry your having a bad time....
Are you able to wrap up and go for a short walk?
Or call a friend?
Or read a book/have a bath/listen to music?
Sitting and focusing on it just makes it worse, as you know love x
I hope you feel better soon x:hugs:

julieliverpool
17-10-10, 17:53
my mum is here as i ave to kids if i didnt ave the thoughts id be ok xx

olderfella
17-10-10, 19:19
Hi Julie sometimes the counselling can seem hard and upsetting been there same as you, know exactly what your saying ,your probably sick of hearing it as we all keep telling you but it will get easier,stick at it your not alone.

donnymac
17-10-10, 19:40
hi julie take the advice and when you feel like that take a walk or a bus ride or talk to someone but not about your problem change the subject even if its a load of cobblers you will see your panic ebbing away

julieliverpool
17-10-10, 19:46
i no but its just not panick attacks i have bad anxiety all the time constant stupid thoughts constantly i cant go out really as i panick if i go out alone xx

Donny
17-10-10, 19:50
Hi Julie

To take my mind off it I used to do a lot of house-work. (couldn't leave the house at that point though)

It gave me something else to focus on and drained all my nervous energy. Also meant that I did not need to leave the house and have the fear of embarrassing myself in case I had one in public.

Good for the short term Julie but you do need to get out there and beat this thing.

Only when you are ready though. Push your boundaries only as much as you are comfortable with.

paula lynne
17-10-10, 19:57
Little steps love....you'll still get there in the end x dont stop trying x:hugs:

julieliverpool
17-10-10, 20:09
i really feel like giving up ryt now nothin seems to helpin me i just wanna be there for my kids an i cant cos im constantly worrying x

paula lynne
17-10-10, 20:58
you already ARE THERE for them hunny, DESPITE the worrying. x
Distraction techniques, try them x:hugs:

Inspires
17-10-10, 21:14
Sweetie, I'm scared to go out alone, but slowly I've built up to where I managed to take my dog out for a walk a few weeks ago. I don't know who was more surprised, ME or the DOG! :ohmy:

By the time I reached home, I was in full panic mode, and anxiety was through the roof. But you know what - it didn't matter, because I'd done this on my own.

Try going just a little way down the road at first, then going a bit further each time. I realise that this is frightening for you, and anxious and panicky thoughts will enter your mind. But remember that although our brains are very powerful, we can still control them, and any intrusive, unwanted thoughts.

Your life is there for the taking, so really try to reclaim some of back...

Honey, I wish you well on your recovery, and hope you begin to feel a bit better, real soon.

Take care,

Sue x :flowers:

suzy-sue
17-10-10, 21:14
How long have you been on 10mg Julie ? You sound like you may be experiencing a withdrawal from 20mg. It can take 4-6 weeks to stabilise on a reduction .Your DR need s to review your medication and either add another drug or give you something different .Some Diazapam will help you thru this bad spell . Please go and discuss this with him .:hugs:t/c luv Sue xx